Newbie here... what do I do?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by jrd761, Aug 21, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. jrd761

jrd761 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm all new to the Android phones..

I rooted my phone not too long ago with a 2.2 software I got off a website.. Used ROM manager to install it so I do believe I have the ClockworkMod.

I want to overclock my phone just a little bit, but am not sure how.. what's the best program that I can use to do that?

Also, I heard from a friend that you can change some settings so all the apps that you download are installed on the SD card, and not the phone itsself. How is that done?
  2. Abe21599

Abe21599 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +30
  3. Jmart922

Jmart922 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Assuming you have the premium version of rom manager as well, go into RM and press the menu button to bring up the settings, and enable advance mode, once that is done try going into Downloads, and you will see different roms to choose from, I personally suggest reading up on the above overclocking link and reading on the forums on each rom developer and then when you feel ready, choose a rom in a RM and enjoy all of the rootness glory, personally I love Lithium Mod, and you can add a 800mhz kernal to your phone as an option when your using LM, but every rom offers that as well, its kind of a standard
  4. jrd761

jrd761 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ok.. I'll check into it.

The 2.2 I downloaded is "FRG01B" with Kernel Verison "2.6.32/9-g103d848"... is that the latest & greatest release of Froyo? Or is there something better?