Newbie here were pictures stored

kmaultsby

Reaction score
Hello everyone second post here I have Motorola DROID and I took some pictures at a party with it. I question is it seem that my pictures are being stored in the phone instead of my micro SD card is this correct? If not how can I move the pictures to the SD card? This is what happaning. When I go into Gallary it has four groups one Camera pitures(23) another Camera media (23) All pictures (27) sdcard (4). I am using some the pictures for my contacts list. What can I delete or transfer to my computer and what needs to say?:motdroidvert:

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
All the pics are stored on the sdcard, you can get to them by mounting the sdcard to a computer. Or, from your Droid you can download an app such as Astro File Manager and view the sdcard contents from the phone

OP
K

kmaultsby

Reaction score
Yeh but what dose this means gallary Camera pitures(23) Camera media (23) All pictures (27) sdcard (4)?

smokiedabong

Reaction score
When you connect your Droid to a computer , go into notification bar > USB connected and select mount . Now you can see the sdcard content on your computer , all the pictures taken with the stock camera app are located on your sdcard , in folder /DCIM

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
When you connect your Droid to a computer , go into notification bar > USB connected and select mount . Now you can see the sdcard content on your computer , all the pictures taken with the stock camera app are located on your sdcard , in folder /DCIM

Actually they are in /DCIM/Camera folder.

OP
K

kmaultsby

Reaction score
Wow thanks for that detail answer. So that means that I can deleate those dulpicate folders? Also were are the pictures stored when you take a picture of someone to placed in your contacts in the camera or on the sdcard also or both?

Tommy B

Reaction score
pics to sd card

You can download astro and open the app.when you do all the folders will be shown
Pics will be in the DCIM folder. This is separate from your saved pictures and pictures both of which you will see. Open the DCIM folder and you will see the pictures on your camera. Touch the picture you want to save until the menu appears on your screen then you touch edit then move go back to saved pics touch folder and touch edit paste this will save your pics without having to connect to computer.only takes seconds. Up top you can see an option for multi press this before moving pics then you can move more than one at a time
Simple

Tommy B

Reaction score
pics to sd card

You can download astro and open the app.when you do all the folders will be shown
Pics will be in the DCIM folder. This is separate from your saved pictures and pictures both of which you will see. Open the DCIM folder and you will see the pictures on your camera. Touch the picture you want to save until the menu appears on your screen then you touch edit then move go back to saved pics touch folder and touch edit paste this will save your pics without having to connect to computer.only takes seconds. Up top you can see an option for multi press this before moving pics then you can move more than one at a time
Simple