Newbie Help

remixedition

Reaction score
Just got my droid a week ago and damn. Great device. I was really going for the omnia 2 just because i like samsung and motorola had not put out anything that great in a while. So glad i came to my senses. My question is this. on my old voyager i could go to an old text and hit a button and it would read it to me. Is this possible on the droid? And if so how? I dont just want it to speak incoming texts i want to be able to sit there and pick a text from a month ago and get it read aloud. Any help would be appreciated. Also any newbie hints as well. Thanx

Guchi

Reaction score
download handcent sms from the market. then disable the notifications on the stock app. then when you long press a message it will give you options one of witch is read text aloud

Froodychick

Reaction score
I agree with Guchi, handcent is wonderful! I don't care for the stock sms app. Handcent is fast, customizable, and easy to use. I also like the gDialer widget. With it I added a speed dial on my front page for my families numbers. Have fun with your droid!

OP
R

remixedition

Reaction score
Awesome. Thanx for the help. New to this forum and this is where i should be. i was part of another forum and i posted this exact question the day i got my phone and got no response

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
first, welcome to the forums! this has (so far) been a place where people (mostly) respect each other and are (typically) very helpful.. granted, it's not perfect, but it's better than most ;)

to address your question, +1 for Handcent. it is eight shades of awesome. also search for Swype on here. (you are welcome!)

The Walker

Reaction score
download speeds

Anybody know how to make the droids download speeds faster?