1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

[NEWBIE] Help, I done goofed BAD.

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Skyos, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Skyos

Skyos New Member

The problem: Infinite Droid reset. Droid brings out its red Droid eye, it "scans" the screen, and then promptly restarts to the Droid.

What I've done: First, I rooted using the 1 click rooting method. Following that, I installed the Monster ROM. I then wiped my cache and installed Liberty ROM. Stupidly, I attempted to install another ROM without using the ROM manager and wiping the cache again. Instead, I followed the Steel Droid install instructions.

When flashing my Droid it came to the rebooting part. And that's where I am.

I have 2 NANDROID backups from earlier - perhaps somehow I can utilize that? Any help you can give me will be much appreciated.

Thanks

-Skyos
  2. jayb412

jayb412 New Member

Boot into stock recovery and wipe data just happened to me the other day

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  3. cobravnm13

cobravnm13 Well-Known Member

When switching from ROM to ROM, you must ALWAYS wipe DATA AND CACHE. Depending on developer specifications, dalvik-cache, as well. If you're going to restore a nandroid, I would boot back into recovery, wipe data and cache, then restore your backup.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
  4. cobravnm13

cobravnm13 Well-Known Member

Also, I wouldn't use ROM Manager to install ROMs (my personal preference). I would download the .zip file of the ROM you want onto your SD card, boot into recovery, wipe data and cache, then install the .zip file.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums