Newbie Guide to Rooting the Fascinate

cbenzo

Reaction score
Well im super noob so i understood everything after you said fix permissions lol.....btw is it ever possible to mod this phone to receive 4G or is that a hardware thing?

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well im super noob so i understood everything after you said fix permissions lol.....btw is it ever possible to mod this phone to receive 4G or is that a hardware thing?
lol in your Clockwork Mod recovery theres an option to wipe cache only, in advanced you can also wipe dalvik cache
heres the batt stats thread: Script to Delete Battery Stats - xda-developers
and the fix permissions thread: [Fixed] Fix Permissions (With Rom Manager and Without) - xda-developers

4g will never be possible on this phone due to lack of built in hardware to support it....They did just release the Samsung Galaxy 4g i think on TMobile maybe...cant remember....

cbenzo

Reaction score
I know im getting on your last nerve here with some of these questions but im just not sure and dont want to do the wrong thing here, once i find out i wont have to be told again, but when those threads say install via clockwork i got to be honest im a little lost, install through sd card? or some other way.......i hate to say it but just not quite your guys level lol

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know im getting on your last nerve here with some of these questions but im just not sure and dont want to do the wrong thing here, once i find out i wont have to be told again, but when those threads say install via clockwork i got to be honest im a little lost, install through sd card? or some other way.......i hate to say it but just not quite your guys level lol
its no prob man...when it says install via clockwork it means use clockwork mod to flash the .zip file

download the zip file and put it on the root of your sd card
reboot into recovery manually(vol up+vol dwn+pwr butt) or via the power button menu(long press pwr butt) select recovery
if it goes to blue stock recovery toggle dwn to apply update.zip and hit home soft key and it will boot into ClockworkMod recovery
then toggle(vol up and dwn) to install zip from sd card and choose that(camera butt is enter)
choose zip from sd card and hit enter(camera butt)
then toggle to the file u wanna flash and hit enter(camera butt)
when finished reboot

cbenzo

Reaction score
Im loving the lamens terminology, got it easy enough thanks TAPOUT for all the help

cbenzo

Reaction score
One more thing.........wiped cache, wiped dalvick cache, installed (im hoping that is what flashing a file is lol) bstats.zip from sd card in red CWM and then ran clear stats in terminal, problem was that i did that on like 15 % battery forgetting you said to do it on 100%, so will that mess things up? I let it charge overnight and then this morning i wiped cache, wiped dalvick cache, installed bstats.zip from sd card, and then ran clear bstats in terminal would that have fixed? Or do i need to do something else you think? Thanks!

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
One more thing.........wiped cache, wiped dalvick cache, installed (im hoping that is what flashing a file is lol) bstats.zip from sd card in red CWM and then ran clear stats in terminal, problem was that i did that on like 15 % battery forgetting you said to do it on 100%, so will that mess things up? I let it charge overnight and then this morning i wiped cache, wiped dalvick cache, installed bstats.zip from sd card, and then ran clear bstats in terminal would that have fixed? Or do i need to do something else you think? Thanks!
nope you wont mess it up...its good you redid it at 100%...your good to go

cbenzo

Reaction score
If i ever in the future have a question regarding phone would you mind if i sent you a message, instead of posting through this forum......i mean its been kind of like 100 questions last few days because im just getting this rolling but my questions have been answered so i dont think i will be asking to many now......but in the future do you mind or would you rather me not bother you because i would understand.....again thanks alot TAPOUT for all the patience and help.....

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
If i ever in the future have a question regarding phone would you mind if i sent you a message, instead of posting through this forum......i mean its been kind of like 100 questions last few days because im just getting this rolling but my questions have been answered so i dont think i will be asking to many now......but in the future do you mind or would you rather me not bother you because i would understand.....again thanks alot TAPOUT for all the patience and help.....

email or gtalk me @ [email protected]

VoxSola

Reaction score
Question on the driver links

I've tried to download the drivers that are linked, but the file won't work, it says the setup file isn't a valid Win32 file. Is there another/ right file to look for for the drivers?

gallasm

Reaction score
OK I'm tearing my hair out and I'm not sure if I'm missing something here....
Everything works fine all the way through 'adb push su /sdcard/su'
The file transfers just fine, but the next step 'adb push rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin' doesn't work.
I get a cannot open no such file, blah blah.
Any help would be great. I'm going nuts here!

edit: it seems like the .bin file tends to disappear after a while from my local directory?

edit: i'm an idiot. anti-virus thought the .bin was a virus and had the file in quarantine. good lord, i'll never get those 2 hours back. fml.

Janowm58

Reaction score
Hello _ I am newbie, and am trying to read all I can about Rooting... However, I have not been able to get my PC to recognize my SD card in my Fascinate running the EA28 update. Therefore I can't even consider the rooting process because I can't put anything on the SD card... Help (pulling my hair out!)