newbie greetings

starrtn

Reaction score
Too old and fat for this! Long time BB user now leaping into the Droid World of apps and small fingers. Trying to read the material for a newbie. I don't want to be a pest, but I don't even know what tags are and why I would want to separate them with commas. LOL And this title was a hoot.

Okay, old man close to 60, married, bunch of kids and grandkids. Really miss my BB but keep in mind, it was the old 7130 and that tells a lot about me.

I travel for business and hope the Eris Droid will help me with my work rather than have me surfing the web for fun. Going to go back to reading more about the proper equette for this forum and hope I will become a big dog with the Droid.:rolleyes:

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Too old and fat for this! Long time BB user now leaping into the Droid World of apps and small fingers. Trying to read the material for a newbie. I don't want to be a pest, but I don't even know what tags are and why I would want to separate them with commas. LOL And this title was a hoot.

Okay, old man close to 60, married, bunch of kids and grandkids. Really miss my BB but keep in mind, it was the old 7130 and that tells a lot about me.

I travel for business and hope the Eris Droid will help me with my work rather than have me surfing the web for fun. Going to go back to reading more about the proper equette for this forum and hope I will become a big dog with the Droid.:rolleyes:

Welcome to the neighborhood, starrtn! Glad you've decided to join us! Just jump right in and make yourself at home! You'll find that the folks here are very friendly and knowledgeable. Hope you enjoy your time here!

:welcome:

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Now before I go any further I need to tell you I'm over 60, married to the same wonderful woman for almost 42 years, two sons, two grandsons, VietNam vet, and cancer survivor.

I'm a former iPhone user but dropped AT&T because of their lousy coverage. Purchased my Droid December 26 2009. At first, I was not sure the Droid measured up to the iPhone. In less than two weeks, I knew I made the right decision. I found this forum in January and began reading and learning. I learned, very quickly, that you can root (hack) the phone which provides unlimited potential. So, I began reading and reading and watching videos and reading some more. On Sunday February 14th, I rooted my phone. I was so nervous but thanks to
Matth3W's excellent written process and his support, I successfully rooted my phone on the first try. Since then, I've moved to a more current rom and am able to offer support to others.

Here is a link to Matt's blog (Droid-Does.Blogspot.Com) it has lots of helpful information.

So my new friend, know that you can and will learn how to use your phone and it will make your days fun!

Mike

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Droid Forum. I'm another youngster, I'm 57.:)