Newbie Gingerbread Question

EOK1335

Reaction score
no reboots for my d2g so far except for a few manual ones...running 606. did u freeze or removed any bloatwares?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

OP
B

Bigbunny

Reaction score
I have no idea how to remove bloatware. Link?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Nasa

Reaction score
I have 105 hours of up time and the last time I powered it off was just to show someone my boot animation. No self reboots. Compass calibrated for the first time, never did before I loaded GB. Running 4.5.606.A956

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Did you clear the system cache?

Then I might try deleting all WIFI connections and re-adding them.

OP
B

Bigbunny

Reaction score
I *think* I just cleared the cache. Seriously wish I knew all these terms! Let's see if it worked.

Thanks so much!

OP
B

Bigbunny

Reaction score
Nope. Just suffered through another reboot. About the 3rd or 4th today. Am I seriously the only one this is happening to?

NoBloatware

Reaction score
How did you clear the cache?

I don't know if removing all of the saved WIFI connections would help as that is a trick for the Droid 3.

Next step would be to determine if an app, widget, or live wallpaper is causing the reboots. This could be accomplished with a factory reset if you're willing to set up your phone from scratch. Otherwise, I'd reboot and see what apps/services are running from apps that you've installed. Maybe list those here and we can focus on any potential problem apps.

Another idea is to use a home/launcher replacement. I don't know if this would possibly help you. It might. I do like GO Launcher EX over stock anyway.

OP
B

Bigbunny

Reaction score
There was only 1 oddball wifi saved (from the bowling alley, of all places! Never been there) so I deleted that. Cleared the cache by going to the browser/settings/and somehow cleared it. Then turned it off and powered it on.

Otherwise, I'd reboot and see what apps/services are running from apps that you've installed

How do I do this part? Obviously know how to reboot, but how do I check what's running right away?

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Well I actually tried to make the wiki article understandable…

Please point out anything in that article that you fail to understand, I'll try to “dumb it down” some more. Myself, I'm a bit of a tech-savvy person so some “geekspeak” might have evaded my eyes when proofreading.

OP
B

Bigbunny

Reaction score
"Once you see a warning sign with an android robot appear, press the Search button on your physical keyboard if you're running 2.4.x firmware. For 4.5.x firmware, press Volume Up and Down buttons"

Got this far, but the volume key did nothing.

Sorry! I am such a techno-dunce.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Are you on 2.4.330? If so, then you need to press the Search button on the hardware keyboard, as stated.

If not, try pressing Up and Down volume keys together, or just the Volume Up key. It works for me on my 4.5.607, by the way.

OP
B

Bigbunny

Reaction score

OK, I will try again. It was simply stuck on the ! and the little Android guy screen.