Newbie Droid Here :)

JoDroid

Reaction score
Just activated my new Motorola Droid 2 days ago :D

Can someone tell me if it is possible to have a different notification sound for texts and emails? I only see where I can use one sound for all notifications .....:::but maybe there's an app for the ;) :::::......

Thanks

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I see a couple of notification apps but I've never used them. They are in the Market you may want to check them out, just search notifications.

I'm a one sound covers all guy I guess, so I'm fine. Hope you find what you're looking for and welcome to the forum.

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
JoDroid, in settings in Gmail you can change the sound of email sounds. For Texting its also in the settings

If you want to take that a step further, a cool app called Missed Call allows you to change the LED colors between texting/email/missed calls. It is very very nifty and free

OP
J

JoDroid

Reaction score
I see a couple of notification apps but I've never used them. They are in the Market you may want to check them out, just search notifications.

I'm a one sound covers all guy I guess, so I'm fine. Hope you find what you're looking for and welcome to the forum.

Thank You hookbill!

I like to know if it is an email or a text message.... it's in my organizational obsessive compulsive disorder :icon_rolleyes:

OP
J

JoDroid

Reaction score
JoDroid, in settings in Gmail you can change the sound of email sounds. For Texting its also in the settings

If you want to take that a step further, a cool app called Missed Call allows you to change the LED colors between texting/email/missed calls. It is very very nifty and free

Hey unix.punkx

Edit: I found the ringtones for GMail! Thank you so much!

I will check out the Missed Call app tonight!

Thank You!

Last edited:
OP
J

JoDroid

Reaction score

unix.punkx

"Missed Call" is so very Cool!! :icon_ lala:

Thank You!! :)

JoAnne