Newbie & Clueless

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by Longhaul, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Longhaul

Longhaul New Member

Hi All - Newbie here. Been overdue for phones. I've been dragging my feet because we all have dumb phones now and I dread the monthly data fee that goes along with all the new phones.

With the holidays coming up I was going to upgrade my 15 yr olds Chocolate 3 (? not sure it is 3 - it isn't a touch screen) to a Droid. Need to be certain I know what I am getting into & how much per month.

With the current deals I'll probably upgrade mine at the same time.

Besides being sure I understand the monthly fees (esp the limits if I don't want unlimited data on multi phones), I also need to understand if the 30 day return is from time of purchase or time of activation. I usually complete Christmas shopping before the end of Nov, but since I want the phone a surprise for Christmas I need to know how long I can wait without worrying about having in time.
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2010
  2. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

Welcome to the Forum - the best way to see what your bill will add up to is to get a hold of VZW as they can tell you of any specials or discounts you might be eligible for - as far as the return period it is going to be 30 days after purchase and not after activation
  3. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Welcome! You are in for a real treat. The folks at VZW will be able to help you figure out a plan. You need to consider minutes, number of text messages, and data.

Let us know what phone you decide to purchase.

Mike
  4. Longhaul

Longhaul New Member

Addtl Fees

Aside from VZW usage fees, what other hidden costs could I get hit with?

This will be for a 15 yr old. What I am asking is are there popular things that he may use that will cost me in the same vein as ringtone fees and such?

If his grandpa - who is cheap - buys the phone outside of direct from VZW, what fees will I be left holding? Activation? Any support fees?