Newbie : Can't get my phone to announce who the caller is .

killer428

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Nexus 6
Twitter
04Mystichrome
Hi , Just traded in my Razr maxx for a Razr Maxx HD and was wondering how to turn on the option to announce who is calling my phone. I was able to do it with my old phone but I forget I how did it. :blink: Anyone know how ? Thanks

lloydsw

Reaction score
My Razr HD only does it when I'm connected to the bluetooth in my car.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I think that is in Phone > Menu > Settings > Caller ID Readout. There are options for Ring Only, Name & Ring, Name Repeat.

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Good God man, I hope it was an even trade! Welcome to the stuff nightmares are made of - "DROOOOIIIIIIIIDDDD"

OP
killer428

killer428

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Nexus 6
Twitter
04Mystichrome
I had to get another phone due to mine not working. Yea I have seen allot of negative stuff about this phone. I'll give it a try, if I don't like it my contract is up in June. What phone do you suggest? I like the note 3. Also do you know how to make this caller announcement thing work? Or is it deleted on this phone? Thanks

Sent from RAZR Maxx HD while driving my SVT Cobra.

SJBBF

Reaction score
The only way I've seen this work is by setting it up in Smartactions in the Drive mode.

OP
killer428

killer428

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Nexus 6
Twitter
04Mystichrome
The only thing I see is in accessibility, then turn on Talkback but then it announces everything you do with the phone.

jtc303

Reaction score
I had to get another phone due to mine not working. Yea I have seen allot of negative stuff about this phone. I'll give it a try, if I don't like it my contract is up in June. What phone do you suggest? I like the note 3. Also do you know how to make this caller announcement thing work? Or is it deleted on this phone? Thanks

What is so negative about this phone? Just wondering..

|[JTC MaxxHD]|

OP
killer428

killer428

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Nexus 6
Twitter
04Mystichrome
Jimmy the gent could tell you, I've only had this phone for 2 days. I like it so far.

SJBBF

Reaction score
Killer, do you have the Smartaction app installed? From there go to the Drive setup. But maybe voice assessibility is not setup from the OS point. That I would not know. But there is also a handy app called Speech Text that I use.

OP
killer428

killer428

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Nexus 6
Twitter
04Mystichrome
Ok I'll check it out thanks.

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Play around with say an HTC One and then go back to this phone and you will see the difference.

This thing is very sporadic, sometimes its fast, other times its SO slow, literally, you think its bricking on you.

I dont have any BS apps, I cache wipe it about 2 times a week, its VERY laggy when it wants to be.

Oh well, my first "smart" phone... Ill know better next time, contracts up in a year.

The absolute best way to get the best performance is to root it from what I hear, which is a no go for me, not why I bought an Android, to void warranties and possibly break it. Give it to me for free or $50 and yeah, Ill do it, but not for what I paid.

iOS as far as smoothness goes... smokes this "Droid" like bacon.

jtc303

Reaction score
A 2013 phone performing better than a 2012 phone?? Shocker!

Im not going to say there isn't a little lag sometimes but I've never experienced what you're talking about...perhaps you got a dud? They do exist, even in the ios and HTC worlds..I've only cleared my cache once in the year and a half I've owned it, and that was just to see what it would do...

Btw, rooting has become much easier, safer and less risky than it was in the past...it's really no big deal anymore...I would have had mine rooted day one but it's a company phone...

|[JTC MaxxHD]|

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I wonder if the OP got their phone to announce caller ID names? This thread has shifted off track a little from the original topic.

OP
killer428

killer428

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Nexus 6
Twitter
04Mystichrome
No I never did get the phone to announce the callers id. Still trying though. My guess is that option was taken away for some reason or another.