Newbie / Antivirus McAfee ??

Monteloco814

Reaction score
Hell everyone new to the droid world. I love it soo far its a big upgrade from the LG dare lol. I went on the droid market and i found a anti-virus for my Droid X. Is it necessary ?? i mean i know computer it is. but the thing is like a mini computer itsself. And does anyone have a serial number for a subscription for the wave secure ?? thanks alot alex

SpiritZR1

Reaction score
I made the upgrade from the LG Dare to the Incredible
I have Lookout Security, so far I haven't seen the need for these anti viruses yet but its free so might as well play it safe

Sent from my GB Incredible

sudod2g

Reaction score
How many viruses do you know of in the wild for Linux, better yet androids spin on the latest Linux kernel? Anti virus really? Check out xda those antivirus programs cause more problems than there worth. But I am no expert.

d2g liberty 1.5 romer v5
fascinate voodoo kl
incredible incredibly engineered v2.3

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Currently there are no viruses on android. As such, an AntiVirus program is a waste of space and resources.

tappin and a talkin

kptphalkon

Reaction score
First welcome to the forum...congrats on moving up to droid life!

Pirating serials/keys/warez is not condoned here. We try to keep things legal and family friendly (so watch any swearing lol)

And i have never yet seen or heard of the need to have an anti virus. All it did for me was slow down my phone and use more battery. Do a google search for android viruses, if you can find me a legitimate report i will bow down and get an anti virus again.

Sent from the Blue Falcon cockpit on my Fission 2.4.3 D2G