1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Newbie and I'm already hooked!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by Rek84, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Rek84

Rek84 New Member

Just got my phone yesterday, an early Christmas present!! I thought that I would like it, but I never expected to become blown away with it!! I've never had a smartphone before, but even considering that, this thing is amazing! I stayed up until 1 am last night playing with it, and got up bright and early this morning to play with it some more.

I have followed some of the posts in this forum, and downloaded some of the apps you guys have suggested. So far, everything has been working absolutely perfectly. I'm gonna have a LOT of fun with this!

If you are on the fence about the Droid, don't be...after just one day, I can't imagine being without it. Once we get some great games for this thing, I've got a feeling the Droid will be unstoppable!!!

Thanks to all you guys for creating a forum with so much helpful information! I am sure I will have some questions in the future, and I feel confident this is the place to be to get them answered!
  2. justreboot

justreboot New Member

Welcome aboard! Haven't had a chance to post much here, but it's a great resource,,, enjoy!
  3. Sam

Sam Premium Member Premium Member

Glad you like it, Rek.. We do too ;) Enjoy and don't be afraid to ask questions! Welcome to the machine!
  4. mth04

mth04 Premium Member Premium Member

Welcome

:welcome: to the Droid army! This device is addictive for sure :). Remember to take a look at the FAQ section when you get a moment. If you have questions as we ll do or have. Post it up in the correct area. The users are the best here and the question won't go unanswered! have a great day :icon_ banana:
  5. RLJSlick

RLJSlick New Member

Join the club Rek join the club! This is a amazing device, and I think it by far the cell phone of the year!
  6. boatman2220

boatman2220 New Member

Welcome, and how long did it take you to be blown away by the Droid? Hope you really enjoy it. .
  7. Rek84

Rek84 New Member

Boatman, it didn't take very long at all...the first thing I did was get all my contacts in. After that, I started checking out all the amazing things on it, looking at the forum for advice...and after about 3 hours I figured out that this is probably one of the most amazing electronic devices I have ever seen or owned. Calling the Droid a "phone" is a MASSIVE understatement....this thing is incredible! When I scanned in a barcode off of this website and purchased the app it pulled up, I was stunned. I ran around the house scanning different barcodes and showing everyone! My family and friends were amazed.
  8. boatman2220

boatman2220 New Member

REK, You've just touched the tip of the iceberg with this. New Android devices coming out, those and the Droid will spur new developments.