Newbi On Droid

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by rcooper_2000, Mar 31, 2010.

1. rcooper_2000

rcooper_2000 New Member

Hello all

Hi all My name is Robert New to the droid. Any help I will obtain will be great. Have not even got the battery for it yet LOL . Had it 2 days and waiting on battery anyway Where do I even Start??????
  2. JerzyGirl

JerzyGirl New Member

this is a great place to start, but why no battery?
  3. rcooper_2000

rcooper_2000 New Member

well ya see verizon sucks and my HTC TP2 was freezing, And after the 6th one I told them they needed to replace it with a non WM device and they said I would have to buy the battery, back, and charger so I went to ebay LOL spent 15 bucls versus 95 with them so now thats short version LOL
  4. MiXoLoGiSt

MiXoLoGiSt New Member

Shouldn't have went cheap my friend. In the smartphone world you get what you pay for most times. Verizon is a rip off also but you could have got genuine Motorola parts directly from Motorola for around $65-$70. I would have rather spent the extra cash and know that what i got will work perfectly with my phone. All that aside welcome to the forums and enjoy your new Droid when you get the battery.

One thing i would recommend looking into would be a Steinheil Crystal screen protector. I couldn't be more happy with it and will save your droid screen from scratches.
  5. rcooper_2000

rcooper_2000 New Member

I agree on the Money. Working on getting an extended battery and all, Already ahead of you on the screen protector Is a great Idea, Whats Really funny is I have a Droid in front of me and dont even know what it looks like turned on LMAO
  6. MiXoLoGiSt

MiXoLoGiSt New Member

Seidio is going to be coming out with a Slim extended battery that will not add any bulk to the phone. If you are getting an extended battery i would wait for that one. It it a really bad tease isn't it? I know it would drive me crazy having that phone in front of me and not being able to do a thing with it.
  7. rcooper_2000

rcooper_2000 New Member

yeah, bad thing is the battery will come in last after the charger,usb cable and everything else, Yeah iam waiting on alot I dont know what I will need for the phone as far as software I like the way The HTC TP2 is setup and calendar and all that I hope this one is workable, i will miss pim backup and a few other apps i used but cant have everything LOL