Newbe question Turn off G3 - Wi-Fi only

MonarchWines

Reaction score
Is there a way on the tablet to turn off the g3/verizon so I restrict my use to the Wi-Fi?

I know I could cancel my subscription as well and plan to do so

specmac

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is there a way on the tablet to turn off the g3/verizon so I restrict my use to the Wi-Fi?

I know I could cancel my subscription as well and plan to do so

Yes, sort of. Along with the Airplane Mode, their is a Data Network mode option.

Deactivating Data Network does not turn off the radio, but it does force all data to go through WIFI option only. I assume you could still send a receive SMS messages as long as their was a active phone plan though.

OP
MonarchWines

MonarchWines

Reaction score
Mobile network settings

I found the Mobile network settings.

Disable the Use packet Data
and
Data roaming

I am connected to my wi-fi and my browser works, guess I'll need to confirm this after a day or so with the verizon usage.

Thanks - I'll let you know if it works!

Sleeve

Reaction score
I'm curious if you can still access the market, and if Verizon allowed you to drop the data plan.

cfdevkev

Reaction score
From my Galaxy Tab (but should work similarly in any case), I enable Airplane mode to kill all the connections, then enable Wifi directly. Airplane mode stays on (airplane icon) and when I wake the device it shows "No service", but the wifi connects successfully and everything works; Market included.

mach330

Reaction score
i kind'a have similar questions. i got the sprint version and i want to see if disabling 3g makes battery life better. i don't have 3g service, so i'm assuming that it's off? i only use it for wifi or tether to my dinc.

Reaction score
I'm curious if you can still access the market, and if Verizon allowed you to drop the data plan.

I bought mine outright, without activating it, and can access everything just fine. Only thing that doesn't work is Gvoice because it doesn't have a phone number to associate with.

Sent from my rooted Galaxy Tab

mosone

Reaction score
The easiest way to disable data is to hold the power button til the menu comes up..press data network mode,it should say data network disabled. Market (through wifi)and messaging still work. Messaging does not require data and still functions through the radio.