newb.

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by doctorcrash, Feb 22, 2011.

1. doctorcrash

doctorcrash New Member

not sure what happened. rooted just fine then while experimenting with rom manager i backed up my existing rom. it backed up fine. then i tried to install cyanogen and cleared cache bla bla in the pre rom install thing. my phone rebooted and all my downloaded apps are gone. market doesnt work any more comes up with some error and force close button. if i go to the market through the browser it wont let me re download rom manager because it says your device already has this item installed but i cant find it or any of the other apps i downloaded. i would like to restore back to my orgiginal backup... i'm guessin i dunno what i'm doing but i would really like to fixt it. plz help..

thanks

motorola droid 1 btw
  2. 52brandon

52brandon New Member

3. doctorcrash

doctorcrash New Member

hmm...

i'm not really even sure the cyan even successfully worked. i should have researched more. it looks exactly the same as it did before only all my apps i had downloaded are wiped. the superuser is still there. i tried to the the recovery mode holding down the power button and x button? comes up and i get a triangle with and exclamation point inside it... i have to pull the bat out to get it to boot back up. i'm lost...
  4. doctorcrash

doctorcrash New Member

p.s.

also i tried that link you posted and it said download unsucsessful content not supported on this phone.
  5. martytoo

martytoo New Member

Then download it to your pc and transfer the file to your phone! You need to install google apps or your phone won't work properly.
  6. doctorcrash

doctorcrash New Member

Ok I'll try that when I get home. Do I just place the gapps file in the root directory of my phone??
  7. gambit07

gambit07 New Member

Put it on your sdcard and install it through recovery. Get into recovery by turning off your phone and turning it back on while holding x. Then choose install zip from sdcard
  8. doctorcrash

doctorcrash New Member

Ok. Just in the root directory of my sd card? I'm learnin lol. Plz bear w me
  9. gambit07

gambit07 New Member

yeah thats fine, also after you select install zip from sdcard go to choose a zip to install. Then just select that file
  10. Isak73

Isak73 New Member

My backup root is great to back up all your apps I've used it twice worked great very easy and free. Used Titanium Backup also you can batch backup all your data and apps. Restore do your backup in whatever way you feel comfortable and you should be back and running!

LIBERATED DROID X OC'D 1.25GHZ
  11. 1FZFE

1FZFE Member

If you are seeing this then I don't believe you have a custom recovery in place. Are you sure you are rooted? What method did you use?
  12. 1FZFE

1FZFE Member

If you are still rooted, try going into rom manager and telling it to flash clockworkmod recovery. That should get you to a usable recovery mode.
  13. doctorcrash

doctorcrash New Member

ok i put the gapps zip file on my sd card booted in recovery mode my options were

reboot system now
    apply sdcard:update.zip
    wipe data/factory reset
    wipe cache partition
    wipe baseband data

so naturally i chose apply sdcard: update.zip it didnt let me choose which zip to use just did this

----Install from sdcard...
    Finding update package...
    opening update packager...
    verifying update package...
    E: failed to open /sdcard/update.zip (no such file or directory)
    E: signature verification failed
    Installation aborted

i am stumped... i shouldnt have tried to install the cyanogen rom without knowing more i guess cause i'm pretty sure it didnt even work. now droid market doesnt work car home doesnt work google voice? a few things just dont work... they all say give the same errorn (process com.google.android ) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again.

force close report

any body have any ideas on what i should do? if i go to the browser and go to the android market thru there and try to download any apps it either says already installed if its the apps i have already installed before my experiment or if it was an app i hadnt installed before it says no android phones associated with this account. i can look on my phone via usb and see that all the stuff is still there like the clockwork mod thing and wifi tether apps and overclocking apps i had downloaded but since my experiment none of the icons show up in the programs menu. i'm not sure what to do next but if someone has any ideas i would appreciate it. :) hopefully my phone is not half ass bricked or somethin

thanks
  14. 1FZFE

1FZFE Member

I assume based on your menu options you are using SPRecovery. In order to apply the gapps file it has to be renamed update.zip. So rename the file update and place in the root of your SD card. Also if you wiped user data you will obviously need to sign back into all of your accounts - main menu - accounts and settings. Put in your google account if you have not. Personally, I would suggest starting over from scratch. Did you back up your stock rooted setup?
Search tags for this page
android your device already has this item installed

your device already has this item installed

your device already has this item isntalled