newb...

_DK_

Reaction score
Hello, currently i'm running a ATT backflip, It was free and better than the razr I had before... I like the basic droid interface but I am due for a new phone; I do not know what I want though... Hopefully I can find what I need here. Advice on a new "customizable" smartphone.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
welcome to the community. very friendly place. feel free to ask questions. prolly the most developer friendly phone is the droid 1 but you have to buy them off of ebay or from someone you know. i have the D2 and i can do about anything i want to on it. the droid X is somethin nice if you can sacrifice the physical keyboard. also keep an eye out for the new dual core processor phones. they have whats called tegra technology. dual core 4G and dual Core 3G phones will be coming out in the next 2-8 months pretty steady it looks like. any ideas on what you want in a phone?

mamawm

Reaction score
are you planning to stay with at&t or are you thinking of coming over to verizion. if you are planning to stay with at&t you might get better info over on our sister site android .net Android Forum since this forum covers verizion android phones. we'll be glad to help you with any info you might need with general android info. and if you are coming over to verizion this is definitely the place to be.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
welcome to the forum. depending on what u want to do with the phone. as 252 said, dual processors will be out very soon. either way, Android isn't going anywhere and u just can't beat the forums u see here. much to read up but tons of info to keep u busy.
good luck

Swyped with an Aloha from Hawaii

OP
D

_DK_

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I'll be sticking with ATT for awhile at least. I had to switch a few years back because Verizon didn't work at home; unless I went in the basement, backyard or middle of the street...

I want full keyboard( not on screen) and I like that I can talk on the phone and use the internet, as far as I know you cannot do that on Verizon yet, correct?

Is the sister site linked, or do I need to register there as well?

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
I agree with keyboard but then again I have touch also so got best of both worlds. Did u check on the Atrix?
and our sister site u need to register if u wanna comment and/or ask for advice. there's also Howard forum too.
good luck

Swyped with an Aloha from Hawaii

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
well thats one thing i cant do is surf the web while making a phone call. would be nice but i bet VZW adopts that feature soon