NewB

Zayy

Reaction score
ok..so I just jumped out of my blackberry storm into the DX and I love it to death. ive read about rooting and all that but I want to learn more and do more. Any suggestions?? tips? I want a really smooth clean sharp theme, any places you suggest?? thanks guys :)

Sent from my DROIDX

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Droid Forums. Isn't it great to see a real smart phone after having that Blackberry Storm? That's where I came from too.

OP
Z

Zayy

Reaction score
yes! haha this phone is so beast. im a proud droid now.

Sent from my DROIDX

eriscrazy

Reaction score
This forum s a wealth of information man. I know that I came from a blackberry curve to a Droid Eris, and even though the Eris was old and out dated it was a huge upgrade from the blackberry. My Eris was rooted, overclocked, and rommed. But the Droid x is a amazing device. If you are looking into a easy way to root Google Z4root and download that application. If you do it that was I recommend doing a reboot before running the app. Also if you are wanting to theme your stock rom then most of the time you will need to deodex your phone. And next in line is downloading Droid X bootstrapper from The market.

PS. And just remember the risk in rooting you could potentially brick your phone.

Sent from my Liberated Droid X!

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Check me out on youtube @xdroidrom. I have all the videos you might need for your device. Welcome to the forum.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
Z

Zayy

Reaction score
all of the videos helped alot man. did alot of reading to. thanks to all of you guys. Rooting isn't for everybody. haha im too chicken **** to do it :)

Sent from my DROIDX