newb here needing some help

mikeyhuh89

Reaction score
Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong area but I bricked my phone this morning. I was on eclipse for awhile and wanted to try the OTA ICS update but didn't care for it because all the damn apps they have and Smart actions wouldn't work at all even after a factory reset. So I tried to use the Droid RAZR utility 1.51 to go back to gb/eclipse and now my phone doesn't work at all. Nothing at all on the screen. No pixels, only thing that came up was the Moto logo. Also when I connect my phone to my computer it doesn't recognize. Please help.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can't go back to GB from ICS ... the bootloaders are different. I don't know if the 1.8 utility will work or not to restore your phone to ICS .211, but it might be worth a try.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hello and welcome to the droid forms :) Matty P's post about covers it :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
M

mikeyhuh89

Reaction score
Thanks lol I didn't even see there was a 1.8 out. Tried to use 1.7 that didnt work. Hopefully it will though.

OP
M

mikeyhuh89

Reaction score
Started downloading it but any thoughts about the dead screen?

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Probably mixing two operating systems that don't go together, and different bootloaders. Not 100% sure, but that would be my guess. If it was working fine before you tried to go back to GB, and now it doesn't, that's probably why. Can you boot the phone into recovery?

OP
M

mikeyhuh89

Reaction score
All i can get into is AP FastBoot. But it doesnt seem like razrutility is picking up me phone at all.

OP
M

mikeyhuh89

Reaction score
Ok so now it doesnt look like my phone even goes into that ap fastboot. The M logo comes up for a few seconds then it just goes back to nothing.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I hate to say this dude, but the outlook is NOT good ... unless that 1.8 utility can pull something off. :(