Newb Alert

MrLich

Reaction score
Heya folks. Nice to find a site with so many helpful folks and so much information to be had.

New to Android, and just got a Moto Droid (both my girlfriend and I got one - we both felt the tactile keyboard was a must). We're on VZW, and between the devices, the Android, and the Apps, our world is much changed and is totally rawkin.

I'm a computer nerd by day for a big corporation, and a fantasy gaming illustrator by night. Already enjoying some sketchbook apps on my Droid like Magic Doodle Lite. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Also, a strange side note: I use ATK to kill unwanted apps, and I've noticed that several apps keep starting without me activating them. Corporate Calendar (which I NEVER use) and Visual Voicemail. I really never touch either of them so it's a little odd that they keep starting themselves.

Has anyone else run into this? Any workarounds/fixes?

At any rate, I already love the community and I look forward to taking part. By all means, let me know if there's something that you think I can help with!

:motdroidhoriz:

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome welcome. Please read all of the stickies before posting too much, all of your questions have been answered ad nauseum.

Short answer : CC and VVM are system apps, so you cannot stop them without rooting (hacking). Dont stress about it, Android does a fine job of system and app management, and you will not see the performance difference if the apps were gone.

OP
MrLich

MrLich

Reaction score
Thanks and thanks LtKen!

I'll be sure to get all the stickies read before I do any more posting. Thanks for the heads up!