Newb Alert

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by MrLich, May 6, 2010.

1. MrLich

MrLich New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Heya folks. Nice to find a site with so many helpful folks and so much information to be had.

New to Android, and just got a Moto Droid (both my girlfriend and I got one - we both felt the tactile keyboard was a must). We're on VZW, and between the devices, the Android, and the Apps, our world is much changed and is totally rawkin.

I'm a computer nerd by day for a big corporation, and a fantasy gaming illustrator by night. Already enjoying some sketchbook apps on my Droid like Magic Doodle Lite. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Also, a strange side note: I use ATK to kill unwanted apps, and I've noticed that several apps keep starting without me activating them. Corporate Calendar (which I NEVER use) and Visual Voicemail. I really never touch either of them so it's a little odd that they keep starting themselves.

Has anyone else run into this? Any workarounds/fixes?

At any rate, I already love the community and I look forward to taking part. By all means, let me know if there's something that you think I can help with!

:motdroidhoriz:

2. LtKen

LtKen Silver Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Welcome welcome. Please read all of the stickies before posting too much, all of your questions have been answered ad nauseum.

Short answer : CC and VVM are system apps, so you cannot stop them without rooting (hacking). Dont stress about it, Android does a fine job of system and app management, and you will not see the performance difference if the apps were gone.

3. MrLich

MrLich New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks and thanks LtKen!

I'll be sure to get all the stickies read before I do any more posting. Thanks for the heads up!

4. idulfingz

idulfingz Member

different every week, you would have to ask
    Ratings:
    +0
    welcome to the forum, you will find pretty much anything you need to know on here, and very prompt responses to questionsdancedroid