New

fmserc

Reaction score
hi, i'm Eric. i bought a Droid Eris for my fiancee and Motorola Droid for myself yesterday. I look forward to using this site for some information in the future!

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum fmserc. Glad to have you here and hope you enjoy your stay. After you've played with both devices, maybe you can tell us which one you like better :)

OP
F

fmserc

Reaction score
It should be noted I'm a prior iphone user too!!

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It should be noted I'm a prior iphone user too!!

Your one of just many on this forum that have switched over from AT&T and the iphone. I hope that the android platform is just as good in your eyes as the iphone :)

OP
F

fmserc

Reaction score
i actually went in the verizon store to play with the storm2 but they were having the bogo free with the droids. when i could noticeably tell the difference between the speed of the moto droid compared to my iphone i was sold on that aspect. just today i haven't been able to set it down, all the new (better) toys (apps) keep me busy.

my iphone 3g 8gb has been (not currently) jailbroken and i've done all the "cool" free apps, but all that stuff and more is available with the droid. better service everywhere i've gone, and i'm pretty much done with dropped calls. i also don't have to worry about syncing to any one computer (though i know it's available with a jailbroken iphone to sync to more than one). typing on the droid is a tad slower and will take getting used to, especially since i've memorized the iphone keyboard. i like the fact that i can have pandora play WHILE doing other stuff...iphone closes apps completely when exiting (except jailbreak).

just better all together purchase and i've sold my iphone already for the cost of cancellation. win/win in my book, not missing the iphone too much.

OP
F

fmserc

Reaction score
i've also been playing with my fiancee's Eris. though it's HTC, i've always had good experience with the company - i had a PDA type phone from them a while ago (can't remember what it was) and it was waaay open to modifications as is the eris. i'm not going to ask questions here on either phone, as i'd rather do some searching for my questions first. (i'm not new to forums)...i can use the search button just fine. :)

i feel that both droid OS phones are better than iPhone at this point. maybe sometime soon i'll do a complete write up comparison with all 3 phones - but don't hold your breath.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
fmserc - welcome to VZW, welcome to the Droid and Eris and welcome to droidforums. I got my Moto Droid Nov. 13 after a year with my BB Storm. After a year of headache, there was no way I'd seriously have considered the Storm 2. I can tell you right now that you made a good choice going with Android over the Storm 2. Also, it's interesting to hear your thoughts coming from an iPhone. Like New2U said, I have a feeling AT&T us feeling the losses from recent defections to VZW to get an Android. I think that's why THEY are running the confusing ads showing the U.S. map and saying they have coverage in 97% of the U.S. - something VZW never said in their ads. VZW was stating the 3G coverage vs AT&T. Who should be suing who?

Anyway, welcome to the forum. This has been my source for all my information since getting my Droid. Lots of very friendly and helpful people here.

OP
F

fmserc

Reaction score
Anyway, welcome to the forum. This has been my source for all my information since getting my Droid. Lots of very friendly and helpful people here.

thanks! i look forward to making this my primary info source...