New X user's issues...

Bunyan

Reaction score
Hi all,

Well, here I am, brand new to the Droid world after leaving AT&T (iphone) in the dust. Am I sad to give up my iphone. Heck yeah, especially after some of the "normal" syncing issues are just so foreign to me with this Droid X, however I do love that I can make a phone call from inside my house. I love the X and am beginning to learn how to use it but there are definitely some shortcomings.

For one I am not able to connect to my Netbook (Toshiba) running Windows XP. I've downloaded the driver but it won't connect like on my Windows 7 computer.

Second, after giving up trying to convert my Outlook to a .csv file and finally typing in all my buddies contacts manually I've about had it with this thing.

Thirdly, I've tried uploading my itunes music via double Twist which in turn burned my Windows 7 computer?!? Now that one won't even start up anymore. That's a whole new problem I have to deal with now. I also purchased the "iSyncr" that got a lot of good reviews but now that my windows 7 computer is down with all my music on it I'll have to work out that issue first.

Don't get me wrong, the Droid X in itself is a great little phone that has a lot of neat options but the overall connectivity of it is horrible. It's just not plug and play like the iphone is.

All I am looking for at the moment is for some guidance on how to get this X connected to my Netbook.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
You are trying to connect it to do what? Just add music? When you connect your phone if you pull down the notificaion bar and change what you want it to do when connected with usb. Media sync, just charge, mass storage mode. You can change that depending on what you want to do. Changing it to the media one will get you the drivers you need, I just use Windows Media player to add music so not sure if it will work with itunes.

OP
B

Bunyan

Reaction score
Hi, I downloaded the driver again and I was able to get the X to connect to the Netbook.
I was able to sync my itune songs via the downloaded isync app.
The Outlook issue is a whole nother problem that doesn't have anything to do with the Droid. For some reason my computer won't let me save the converted .csv file?!? Doesn't matter now anyways since I typed them in the phone manually last night.
Looks like I just need to sit down and learn a new system here. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it soon.

Thanks for the help.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah I have spent most of my 8 hour work days looking at this forum since I got the phone. I came from BB and did the same thing with them. I have been very happy with the phone so far, battery could be a little better but it gets me through a day so that is good enough. Keep checking this forum you will learn some stuff.

tmoney2007

Reaction score
The Outlook issue is a whole nother problem that doesn't have anything to do with the Droid. For some reason my computer won't let me save the converted .csv file?!? Doesn't matter now anyways since I typed them in the phone manually last night.
Thanks for the help.

Ouch... in the future, enter the contacts into your gmail account on your computer and it will sync to your phone.