new x questions on sd card

stacks04

Reaction score
Hey guys, got a new x today. My line came up for upgrade and gave the d1 to the wife and got an x. I wanted to switch the xd card from my d1 to my x but the verizon guy said not to. I was just gooing to give my wife the new one out of the x. I have a ton of pics and video on my card and dont want to lose it. Thanks

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Swap away....I did the same. The VZW Guy is clueless.....

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score
I believe the main reason not to switch them is that the one that comes with the x is a class 4 (faster) card, while the original D1 came with a slower card. I'm doing the same thing you are, I got an X, and my wife is getting my D1. What I did was just copy everything from my sd card to my pc, then copied all that to the new card in the X.

Last edited:

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I believe the main reason not to switch them is that the once that comes with the x is a class 4 (faster) card, while the original D1 came with a slower card. I'm doing the same thing you are, I got an X, and my wife is getting my D1. What I did was just copy everything from my sd card to my pc, then copied all that to the new card in the X.

Ya, xfer everything off the old card to the pc and dump on the new one. Im not sure what the bandwidth is for the onboard controller on the DX but the D1 came with a Class 2 microSD and newer DX come with a Class 4. Its a theoretical transfer difference of around 2mb/s but thats a lot considering the amount of data that can be stored.