New, with small issue

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by c0rp53, Jan 7, 2010.

1. c0rp53

c0rp53 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm new to the forums and new to the droid world.. had a black jack and an htc fuze.. black jack was fast, fuze had nice screen and google maps - droid is the best of both of those and then some...

My big problem I'm having though is getting the software installed so I can transfer stuff when plugged into the docking station. I tried installing stuff thru vista, but nothing working.

I downloaded and installed the Motorola Media Link.. When I go to Utilities/Handset Connection Wizard, it first says it detected "Motorola A855", and then I hit connect and it sys "Detection failed." If this is a common issue, please point me to the proper article, I would appreciate it.. thx!

2. Sam

Sam Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    when you plug your droid into the computer, are you pulling down the notification bar at the top and mounting the sd card?

3. c0rp53

c0rp53 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I missed that part - so I did it..

It will recognize the phone better now, but media link will go entirely black and says "not responding". Any ideas to further the n00b along? thx!