1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

New with Droid X!

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by time_line, Sep 28, 2010.

1. time_line

time_line New Member

Hi everyone,

I switched over to the X from a Bold just last week. I've been trying to play around with it to get more familiar with the phone. However I have a few concerns/issues I hope someone could help me with.

I synced my phone with facebook but it loaded almost every single one of my friends' contact onto my phone. is there anyway to "unsync" that?

My phone tends to heat up after a few minutes of use, whether it's phone calls, browsing or just playing around. Is this normal?

Lastly... any suggestions to what applications to download for a newcomer?

Thanks in advance guys! :)
  2. pointzero1

pointzero1 New Member

YEa I noticed same thing too, my X gets noticeably hot. I'm curious if this is normal as well.
  3. Dryoid

Dryoid New Member

4. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 Administrator Staff Member

Hello & welcome! Congrats on the X!

To "unsync" those Facebook contacts, you need to delete the stock Facebook account & then download Facebook for Android from the market...

LauncherPro is a good home screen replacement, Beautiful Widgets for clock/weather widget, Handcent for text app (allows alot of customization)...

Also, in addition to the X sub-forums here, check us out at www.droixforums.com - they gave us our own site... ;)

Sent from my DX