NEW: When Will the ThunderBolt be Available for Purchase?

When will it be available?

• Thursday, March 3rd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday, March 4th

• Thursday, March 10th

• Thursday, March 17th

• Later than March 17th

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

iNfAMOUS702

Reaction score
Black_man_x said it best on his twitter page

"I mean I understand the want of a phone.. but this ish is out of hand... All this hype over a FRICKING EVO2!"

HollywoodPR1

Reaction score
Me too. I'm a say 10th anything before would be appreciated...

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

Reaction score

I read somewhere else that it was about 9 days, fwiw (that would coincide with about a 3/10 date for the Bolt). 3/10 is looking more and more likely, while 3/3 is looking more like wishful thinking. If no "official" announcement comes tomorrow, that will rule out 3/3,4 altogether I think (maybe VZW/BB gets them shipped in on those days to go on sale next week). Think about it - release iPhone (wait 2 weeks), Xoom (wait 2 weeks), TB (wait 2 weeks), another tab (wait 2 weeks), another smartphone (wait 2 weeks), etc. There could be a pattern emerging for the next few months.

B

BUFFALOMADMAN

It is an evo 2 don't get me wrong finally a verizon phone with a ffc but this phone is not going to be a gamechanger it will be nice but not great

Reaction score
Black_man_x said it best on his twitter page

"I mean I understand the want of a phone.. but this ish is out of hand... All this hype over a FRICKING EVO2!"

I admit, it has gotten pretty crazy over the course of this whole thing across many different forums and blogs. But I think there are several reasons to explain why: it's the first LTE phone on VZW (and people don't want to switch to Sprint or AT&T for a particular phone, they like good service more or are loyal, long-time customers), people have been waiting since as early as Aug-Nov last year for this phone, there have been no good smartphones released on VZW in many months (I mean Android, iPhone doesn't count), many people with Blackberrys or late-model dumbphones are eligible to upgrade or just ready to break into the latest Android smartphone world now, many people strongly prefer HTC/Sense to the other companies that will have phones coming out soon, there have been many different rumors for months upon months about this phone constantly changing and evolving to stir the pot (everything from specs to release date to problems with the phone have been speculated on), posting/pulling commercials, and all the miscommunications, false dates given, and premature ads by Best Buy and a lack of official communication from VZW to clear it up has driven many people to react emotionally. It has all combined for a perfect storm of internet-hype (for free!).

Reaction score
I keep thinking how happy I am I hadn't checked the forums since last fall as the wait for the TB would have been agonizing...thankfully I only read about a couple weeks ago...now the wait is nothin.

i think some could use a little break from the whole thing tho, as no phone or piece of electronics should get people worked up like this...it'll be here when it gets here..no amount of emotion is gonna get it here quicker..

dodgersrgood

Reaction score
there was an article on droid life that the incredible 2 might end up being lte. if this is the case would anyone hold off on the thunderbolt cuz the incred 2 is supposed to be dual core and other than pretty much the same (i think i remember 4in screen also)

stuigi

Reaction score
I for one have been waiting for over a year for a new phone. The specs of the TB sounded really promising to me. I also live in a rural area where reception is sketchy and I have to use an extender to get a signal. I am hoping that with LTE, I might be able to get better reception as I travel. I am approx 1o miles as the crow flies from a current LTE city

wedge40

Reaction score
I'm still voting for March 31.
As long it's out before my Birthday. It's in August. LOL

Jas O

Reaction score
there was an article on droid life that the incredible 2 might end up being lte. if this is the case would anyone hold off on the thunderbolt cuz the incred 2 is supposed to be dual core and other than pretty much the same (i think i remember 4in screen also)

Not sure about the daul core. I didn't think that HTC had any daul core on the board yet. I am pretty sure I read that it has the same processor as the TB.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I for one have been waiting for over a year for a new phone. The specs of the TB sounded really promising to me. I also live in a rural area where reception is sketchy and I have to use an extender to get a signal. I am hoping that with LTE, I might be able to get better reception as I travel. I am approx 1o miles as the crow flies from a current LTE city

You might get better reception. In the year 2013. But if you're looking for that now, you'd better look at another phone until then.

Verizon has just started this LTE service and it will not be completed until 2013. I can't state this as a fact but I believe that the initial cities on the list for receiving LTE will be only within the city. So if you work or live in a suburb, you might as well wait. It's coming but not that soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.