NEW: When Will the ThunderBolt be Available for Purchase?

When will it be available?

• Thursday, March 3rd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday, March 4th

• Thursday, March 10th

• Thursday, March 17th

• Later than March 17th

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EyeOWA

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Someone in the previous thread said March 10 based on the 30 day Corp return policy of the iPhone. However February has 28 days, that math doesn't work in case.

I optimistically and hopefully voted 03/03.

I don't believe that corporate rumor due to the fact that businesses would not tend to return a bunch of phones and pay the restock fee for each. They know about the itoy and therefore would tend to keep them.

Kudos for Twix for writing "you're" and not "your"! Sorry I am a teacher and bad grammar bothers me.

I vote the 10th or later...patiently waiting for a new phone. I like the Revolution, but am open to any.

Horst3

Reaction score
Just got back from BB the salesman must have been tired of TB questions, and didn't want to give me the time of day. I mentioned about them having my $50 for the past three weeks, and he said there is nothing that to be done but wait. I would think for $50 they could at least try to make you feel like it is important. He then went on to tell me that the price was not set yet so I could be paying $299, eventhough it was $249 when I ordered. If that is the case I will have to talk to the manager to get things settled. Anyone else run into this?

Jokerz

Reaction score
Just got back from BB the salesman must have been tired of TB questions, and didn't want to give me the time of day. I mentioned about them having my $50 for the past three weeks, and he said there is nothing that to be done but wait. I would think for $50 they could at least try to make you feel like it is important. He then went on to tell me that the price was not set yet so I could be paying $299, eventhough it was $249 when I ordered. If that is the case I will have to talk to the manager to get things settled. Anyone else run into this?

I've heard rumors, but there is no way that best buy can sell a phone for 50 dollars more than Verizon. Who would buy it? If they try to tell you that it is $299 then just bring in the best buy ad that says $249 and they will honor it. At least thats what I saw somewhere in this thread.

SpikeJones

Reaction score
Verizon is running promotion and if your birthday is in March and you commit to a two year contract - you get the Thunderbolt for FREE!@!! :bday1:

Oh if only that were true..
My birthday is march 3rd too.

I truly belived this for a second.
Mine's the 11th.

I have a huge test on Friday, so it would be a great comfort gift, and because my birthday is on the 11th, the 10th would be a great early birthday gift.
Really any day is good.

And I agree with what was said above, my heart is set on the 3rd, but my brain is set on the 10th.

*sorry to derail everyone...*

Its TwiX

Reaction score

I wish I could quote myself from before... but... if you take the ad in that says $249.99 Best Buy will honor it (if they don't sell it at 4249.99 in the first place...). Verizon will sell it at $249.99.

Apparently, you can bring the Best Buy ad for $249.99 in and they will honor it.

^^ Is a freakin' genius!

EDIT:

So is this guy!
I've heard rumors, but there is no way that best buy can sell a phone for 50 dollars more than Verizon. Who would buy it? If they try to tell you that it is $299 then just bring in the best buy ad that says $249 and they will honor it. At least thats what I saw somewhere in this thread.

Horst3

Reaction score
Is everyone planning to root their TB right away, or see what it can do out of the box?

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
You convinced me to get one with this post......RAWRRRRR!! where is the Thunderbolt? !!!!

Holy cow where did that come from?

Sent from my Droid

Hahaha Welcome to the crazy train CK!!!!

I personally think it will not come out until the 10th and here is why..... 2/10 iPhone release...... two weeks later 2/24 Xoom release........ two weeks later 3/10.....

sdhakko

Reaction score
Is everyone planning to root their TB right away, or see what it can do out of the box?

I have no idea how to ROOT a phone, or what that does. So I will most likely not ROOT mine for awhile :D

But it sounds like the thing to do with your smartphone, so I will probably end up educating myself on it and do it.

Element Box

Reaction score
You convinced me to get one with this post......RAWRRRRR!! where is the Thunderbolt? !!!!

Sent from my Droid

I personally think it will not come out until the 10th and here is why..... 2/10 iPhone release...... two weeks later 2/24 Xoom release........ two weeks later 3/10.....

As much as I dont want to agree, I have to, that makes perfect sense! And the 1 month exclusivity for Apple fits into that theory too. Looks like we shall be waiting a week, unless sneaky panda means silent launch this week and next week super big push!

Optimism ftw?

Horst3

Reaction score
I'm not too proud to admit that I have no idea how to ROOT a phone. I have read about why people do it, but I'm not sure that I would gain anything by doing it. That and I don't want to mess up my new TB after waiting this long, and spending this kind of money.

On a side note, my birthday is the 14th, and I would like an early birthday present.:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

georgek

Reaction score

Sent from my Droid

As much as I dont want to agree, I have to, that makes perfect sense! And the 1 month exclusivity for Apple fits into that theory too. Looks like we shall be waiting a week, unless sneaky panda means silent launch this week and next week super big push!

Optimism ftw?

If they shipped the phones like they said then it could be a silent launch this week. I don't think that's going to happen though. Probably either the 10th or the 17th would be my guess.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

cnmsales

Reaction score
On a side note for comparison for the TB what size battery did the OG Droid come with?

Status
Not open for further replies.