NEW: When Will the ThunderBolt be Available for Purchase?

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt' started by want a droid, Feb 28, 2011.

?

When will it be available?

1. Thursday, March 3rd

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Friday, March 4th

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Thursday, March 10th

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Thursday, March 17th

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Later than March 17th

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmdj232

dmdj232 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    As I figured there was no truth to this but I had to call and make sure of it. They said that they do NOT have them yet and there has not been a release date set. Basically no new info.

2. BGKris

BGKris Member

Ratings:
    +0
    haha man, I'm getting a good laugh reading those posts on their fb. :rofl3:

3. SixStringMadMan

Ratings:
    +1
    Maybe I should send in my bill and write "coming soon" on the check... The Atrix is looking very good right now!

Another week cruised by without the HTC Thunderbolt, but that hasn’t stopped Best Buy from printing it over and over again in their weekly ads. The latest gossip on Verizon’s first 4G LTE phone suggests that HTC is becoming a little irritated with Big Red over all of these apparent delays and has even threatened to pu...ll all of their ads if the phone isn’t announced today! Oh no! We still have no idea what the real cause for them to keep missing rumored dates is, but it doesn’t even matter at this point. If the phone finally pops up, someone please let us know.

And yeah, $299 still being printed as the contract price.

lol!!!

4. Stevessvt

Stevessvt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I called my BB too, and she said she just got off the phone with her VZW adviser, and that it *SHOULD* be out on the 10th.

5. guitarchris123

Ratings:
    +0
    I think that the phone is ready to go, but there is some obvious disagreement on "strategery" going on behind the scenes between execs in VZW corp. Maybe it has to do with marketing decisions. Maybe Apple has something to say about it, but probably not much if anything. Could there still be technical issues with the phone (battery life, software)? Could the LTE network not be ready yet (signals, hand-offs)? Maybe. But BMX said it was go, ads have begun, accessories have not merely appeared in pics but are being sold all over the place, dummys and displays are starting to arrive, and shipments are rumored to appear in stores on Sun-Mon. and a lot of people are calling for 3/10. This is just a matter of time, probably having to do with release dates of other products both before and after it, and maybe even having to do with differing opinions as to whether to charge $30 unlimited or institute the tiered LTE plans early.

I hope the pressure that HTC and the online community is putting on VZW for a release is having some sort of effect on them. At the same time, I am willing to wait another couple weeks, even though it sucks sooooooo much, if it means them not releasing the device with some sort of issues or problems (assuming there are any at all). Functionality overall is the most important thing. If no problems are left though, they really need to get on the ball. Hopefully we will see an announcement and/or online pre-orders begin on Monday or Tuesday, and hear whether shipments have arrived in store. If not, its time to start looking towards the 3/17-3/24 range.

I wish VZW would realize that not all of their customers like fruit (if that has anything to do with the delays). Getting the ipad 2 and iphone are really starting to tick me off. 1-2 years ago I really wished VZW had Apple, now they are more like a blight on the network.

6. Joeteck

Joeteck Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The other thing that is interesting that Verizon told me is that the front facing camera is only for 4g service, and if you want it, will be $50 a month ($29.99 3g + $19.99 4g). However, you can get only 3g service on a 4g phone. The front facing camera will not work on 3g service...

7. electric6

electric6 Member

Ratings:
    +0

Much agreed. It seems the fruit has made them arrogant and overconfient.
    Lets hope they learn their lesson here, and realize that the fruit isnt for everyone. I remember all the 'droid does' commercials from last year, and the year before. To me that would have been the ideal time to switch to verizon. Now... I'm not sure so much. They dont seem to have much appreciation for android these days.

8. TcRoc

TcRoc Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That would be completely retarded

9. guitarchris123

Ratings:
    +0
    Video chat will only work on 4G or wifi, 3G is not fast enough. That does not mean the front camera won't work though. Also, not many people are going to be willing pay $20 extra per month just to have 4G service. If that's the case, most people will just deal with 3G (it is good enough for most tasks that people do on a daily basis), except for the wealthy and those that simply must have the fastest speeds.

10. BGKris

BGKris Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hahaha yeah I saw that post too. Quote of the week imo :D :D

11. TcRoc

TcRoc Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Than how does Iphone4 do it on FACETIME,,thats 3g

12. probotic

probotic New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There is a launch party Verizon is throwing in Orange County on the 6th.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

content

cryptic thunderbolt

when did the htc thunderbolt phone come out

when will thunderbolt 2 be available?