New way to SBF?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
wow that's pretty interesting. as long as the os works well i can say that this will be much easier than using rsd. i run ubuntu and sbfing is incredibly easy.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yup. Burn the iso and boot from it and flash the SBF. Good stuff indeed.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I'll totally use it, but the link he posted is down. Dropbox cut off his bandwidth. Was wondering if they would do that. I use it a lot for links to people.

OP
BoJatey

BoJatey

Reaction score
Don't know. I'm on Liberty 2.0.1 and can't seem to download anything. Went to my computer and got it. Also, looks like he has a few more links up.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

lugodx

Reaction score
Can you return to .340 by restoring the backed up file using rom manager. It looks like it. Is it the same as sbfing

OP
BoJatey

BoJatey

Reaction score
Depends on what you are going back from and your backup. If you made a Nandroid backup of stock .340 and then flashed a custom rom such as Apex or Liberty then yes, you can just restore your backup. But if you are going back from any of the leaked GB's, then you should sbf though some are reporting success flashing the monster .340 zip from Team Black Hat. So to answer your 2nd question, restoring a backup and sbf'ing are two different processes. I've never used Rom manager and I've never sbf'd which is why I relayed this link because when I do, I want the easiest way possible wiith no problems. I see this is your first post. I've only been around for a few months and have learned tremendously and try to help when I can but there's a lot of good people here who are more experienced than I am that can help with anything you want to know. So welcome and stick around. You just might learn something.

Last edited:

Howie Dub

Reaction score
Never sbf'd before and just sbf'd using this method and it worked perfectly. Used unetbootin to boot from a flash drive.

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just saw this thread... Thanks for the cross-forum-promotion. It was updated to version 0.7 yesterday which fixes the issue that people with certain hardware configurations were having (couldn't see the desktop). The only issue it has right now is certain laptop trackpads don't register. Probably just a simple driver issue, working on a fix for version 0.8.

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Oh, and there are like 8 mirrors now so it should stay available. Dropbox and megaupload hate me :D

OP
BoJatey

BoJatey

Reaction score
No problem. Glad you approve. Wasn't sure if I should. Everyone is really clued in over there at DX but this is my home. Just tryin' to help.

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just updated the OP over at DXF, changed things around a bit. Now when you boot it up you go straight to terminal and the script has already started, all you have to do at that point is put the phone in bootloader mode and connect the USB cable.

It'll look like this:

1KDStaz1.jpg

Last edited: