New VZW inc2 update and...

pickaxe300

Reaction score
Yep... Check over at xda forums. Andybones has a stock rom deodexed based on this update also.

edit: this is in reply to the question about the radio being pulled from the update.... forgot to quote.

Last edited:

jaelmy

Reaction score
No, I'm completely stock. Haven't felt the need to root this phone. I tried doing it through wifi, still wouldn't. I'll give it a couple of days if it hasn't changed I'll call Verizon and cuss them out.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

Last edited:

pickaxe300

Reaction score
After rooting this phone, the speed and battery life increased greatly. If you like the stock rom, there is andybones, that way you can rid yourself of the bloat and other vzw crap.. Its all a personal preference whether to root or not.. I probably nerd on my phone more than i should, but then again, why not!!...lol

dustinslee

Reaction score
done it on my wife's phone when I seen this post .... signal is better now!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
evan2001

evan2001

Reaction score
After rooting this phone, the speed and battery life increased greatly. If you like the stock rom, there is andybones, that way you can rid yourself of the bloat and other vzw crap.. Its all a personal preference whether to root or not.. I probably nerd on my phone more than i should, but then again, why not!!...lol

What is andybones? And where?

joggy

Reaction score
No, I'm completely stock. Haven't felt the need to root this phone. I tried doing it through wifi, still wouldn't. I'll give it a couple of days if it hasn't changed I'll call Verizon and cuss them out.

FWIW...I had this same issue with the last update on my DInc2 and my wife with this update. The only fix for it that I've found is a reset of the device. It's a pain to have to do this, but should address the problem.

jaelmy

Reaction score
I reset my phone and got the update. Pisses me off that I need to do that though. Oh well.

kevozworld

Reaction score
The only thing I noticed was a better signal. Woot for that I guess!! Lol

BrandyR

Reaction score
Got my update last nite noticed a better signal, better battery life, clock is finally fixed, wish they would of fixed the low speaker volume and can't really explain the next difference exactly. Has anyone notice a difference in notification area? Like background is darker color or black seems more crisp. I'm not for sure what it its or if maybe I changed something myself, but I like it. Was going to get a nexus this morning, but wanted to wait and see reviews. In no hurry because I've been really been happy with this phone coming from og stood can definitely sit on my update for awhile.

Conz

Reaction score
othe new stuff:

What does SD Card and Storage encryption mean? Those are new check boxes in the SD&Phone Storage settings tab.

also, i got a new app "Verizon Video" but i have no interest in it.

Narffran

Reaction score
First try restarting the phone, dumping the caches. Mine kept saying service unavailable until the restart after which all went as planned.

Which caches? Restarting doesn't help with the check for update errors.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Krennel

Reaction score
othe new stuff:

What does SD Card and Storage encryption mean? Those are new check boxes in the SD&Phone Storage settings tab.

also, i got a new app "Verizon Video" but i have no interest in it.

I did notice that the Verizon Video app showed up, played with it a bit. Looks like a streaming video app that gets you access to some shows, but it forces you to watch some of them using over the air data, while some can be watched over wifi. All in all just another useless app from Verizon.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
So what software version is this?
Need to check my daughter's stocker to see if it updated yet...

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...