New virtual keyboard coming to Android

Donkey Hodie

Reaction score
It's hard to tell from the video but it appears that they couldn't make the keys any bigger in portrait mode. Gixxerjoe: does it look to you like they could change the spacing or key size in portrait mode to make it more usable?

Thanks for the video!

Mojo

Reaction score
I think there is a little room to make the keys bigger, not by much but there is room.

zegolf

Reaction score
I think there is a little room to make the keys bigger, not by much but there is room.

I didn't give this the chance I said I was going to last night (Modern Warfare 2 took precedence). Is it possible to only use this keyboard in one position? Use the regular one in portrait mode, and the new keyboard in landscape?

Mojo

Reaction score
It definitely does not have that option... but I was thinking the same thing. Would be great if we could only pull the crocodile keypad in landscape.

vonfink13

Reaction score
nice work on the vid...looks like it has a lot of potential...i just might have to give it a try..

dustin4863

Reaction score
It definitely does not have that option... but I was thinking the same thing. Would be great if we could only pull the crocodile keypad in landscape.
great review thanks. not to be off topic but what widget is on your home screen with the time and date and the weather?

Mojo

Reaction score
great review thanks. not to be off topic but what widget is on your home screen with the time and date and the weather?

Its cool... I am running weather widgets- donate

zegolf

Reaction score
Yes, thanks @gixxerjoe for the video. I'll probably give this a try when I get home. If I can remember.

Mojo

Reaction score
zegolf I wouldn't get in to big of a hurry to try just yet, it has a ways to go before it is ready for primetime.

iJroid

Reaction score
i'll try this out, no doubt (if its free :eek: )
however, i want someone to make a keyboard app that looks the same as the stocker but just has multi-touch. I can fly on the iphone keyboard, but on the droid keyboard i make mistakes cuz i move too fast and it doesnt recognize all my button presses :(

It disappoints me that the droid is capable of multitouch out of the box but the stock keyboard does not... :mad:

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
i'll try this out, no doubt (if its free :eek: )
however, i want someone to make a keyboard app that looks the same as the stocker but just has multi-touch. I can fly on the iphone keyboard, but on the droid keyboard i make mistakes cuz i move too fast and it doesnt recognize all my button presses :(

It disappoints me that the droid is capable of multitouch out of the box but the stock keyboard does not... :mad:

And I'm slightly disappointed that no developer/developers of keyboard replacements have coded their keyboard for multi-touch (better keyboard is killing me, sometimes at least).

LordKastle

Reaction score
It's laziness....and then developers cry when no one buys their apps. Here's a hint...come out with one and charge, then people will buy.

naman919

Reaction score
It's laziness....and then developers cry when no one buys their apps. Here's a hint...come out with one and charge, then people will buy.

I disagree.

Come out with a free app to get feedback, i.e. beta user input, and then charge.

I wish this had more hype behind it to push the developers. This keyboard has potential to be great. It's a good concept just poorly implemented at the moment.

sustained

Reaction score
I've been waiting for this keyboard to be improved. I like the idea and think it has a lot of potential. BUT, why are you charging us to try your beta version? You're charging us to help develope your app for you. Sheeeesh.

Offer it for free if you want people to try it and give you their feedback and suggestions. When you have a good working version then charge for it.