New version of superuser

HowardZ

Reaction score
Thought I'd mention there is a new version of superuser and Su available in the Google playstore and from www.androidsu/superuser.

it is supposed to support gb thru jb .

not sure if one should update if this is built into the Rom?

I hope amon ra backup Will be modified to include this latest version.

OP
H

HowardZ

Reaction score
keep in mind there are two different products, superuser, and superSu. They basically do the same thing.

I have been using Superuser on my rezound and my older droid-x. Many ROMs use superSu. I do not know why the rooted Android world ended up with two choices, two products that do a very similar job.

esheesle

Reaction score
Installed and tried to update the su binary (have 3.0.3 (14) but says 3.1 available) and it fails during the check to see if the binary works phase. Tried it about 10 times at this point (per others suggestions) and no luck. Binary appears to download and copy fine though. Anyone else able to update the su binary? Running stock gb w/ root.

OP
H

HowardZ

Reaction score
oops. thought you weren't rooted - didn't read carefully.

I have no difficultly using superuser app to download the latest Su binary. I am stock rooted gb with s-off.

in superuser app slide over and there is a place to tap to download the latest Su.

Also there is an even newer version of superuser released the next day, as he had some fc errors to fix.

Last edited:

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd mention there is a new version of superuser and Su available in the Google playstore and from www.androidsu/superuser.

it is supposed to support gb thru jb .

not sure if one should update if this is built into the Rom?

I hope amon ra backup Will be modified to include this latest version.

Amon Ra only installs the framework, you need superuser(from the market or flashed) in order to get the binaries.

esheesle

Reaction score
Well I'm not soff so maybe that is the issue. Used amonra a while back to install su and then installed superuser via market. Can use root apps with no issue but just can't update the su binary(i slide left and use that update to do it and no go). Very weird. Anyone s-on able to do this?

oops. thought you weren't rooted - didn't read carefully.

I have no difficultly using superuser app to download the latest Su binary. I am stock rooted gb with s-off.

in superuser app slide over and there is a place to tap to download the latest Su.

Also there is an even newer version of superuser released the next day, as he had some fc errors to fix.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Well I'm not soff so maybe that is the issue. Used amonra a while back to install su and then installed superuser via market. Can use root apps with no issue but just can't update the su binary(i slide left and use that update to do it and no go). Very weird. Anyone s-on able to do this?

S-on / S-off doesn't matter. You should only need to be rooted.

OP
H

HowardZ

Reaction score
well, Superuser has a link to download the latest arm Su binary.

looks like the download is a zip file that one installs using Amon RA recovery.

OP
H

HowardZ

Reaction score
I have an idea.

if you are using voodoo ota root keeper, then perhaps it is protecting su to the point that it can not be replaced with a newer version?

esheesle

Reaction score
Figured it out. I hadn't permanently added superuser to the auto grant root list. Once I did it upgraded fine.