New Version of Samsung Galaxy S4 Active with Snapdragon 800 May Be Launching Soon

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
GS4-Active_008.jpg

According to the latest "rumint," Samsung may be launching a new version of the Galaxy S4 Active phone sometime next month. This newer version will supposedly come with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor instead of the 600 which currently resides in its chest. The intel didn't reveal much more than that, suggesting that the rest of the specs haven't changed much.

Other than the different processor, here's a refresh of the specs on this device:
  • Waterproof (IP67 certified)
  • 5 inch Full HD display
  • LTE
  • 2GB of RAM
  • 16GB of internal memory (expandable via MicroSD)
  • 8MP rear camera with LED flash
  • 2MP front-facing camera
  • 2,600 mAh battery
These specs are pretty impressive, especially considering the waterproof part. If this phone got a Snapdragon 800, it would be almost toe-to-toe with the new waterproff Sony Xperia Z1. How many of you guys could use/would need a phone with waterproof characteristics?

Source: UnWiredView via GalaxyS4Forums.net

xxwabbit

Reaction score
Me! That's how I lost my RazrMaxx. And it was enclosed in a so-called waterproof container. IP67 still has me wondering tho because I used to work in a machine and have a pair of digital calipers with the same rating, but they are water and dust resistant.

Devans3232

Reaction score
I would be pissed if i had bought that phone and then they released it with the 800

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 4

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
It's highly likely that my relationship with Motorola will expire and I'll go with Samsung; I really like the idea of the Active model. Is there going to be a CDMA version of the Active model?

Last edited:

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I love the idea of this until it gets to the camera. Yikes.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would be pissed if i had bought that phone and then they released it with the 800

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 4

At this point ,especially with android, you would always be angry. If you buy a phone that meets your overall needs you will not really care as much. My note 2 allows me to do a lot of things both business and leisurely. Are there a few things I wish the n2 had, yeah rather have the speakers on the front, a screen that I could see in sunlight, and I'll take 1080p. But those are wants and not something that all of suddenly make my phone usable. We as a spending culture spend more time buying stuff that makes us the talk of the town vs buying something that better suits what we need. After watching the n3 reviews yeah there are things I like but overall I am satisfied with my n2. Now next year when it is time to upgrade I will look at a device that continues to meet my needs for business and leisure and I will also look at a device that is forward thinking to the point where it will still be able to keep up with my demands a year from when I purchased it. What makes me not needing to dump my n2 is that specs wise with a quad core processor and 2 gigs of ram it is competitive with the devices currently out. Also even though it is built of plastic it still looks and feels like the day I bought it. Paint is not flaking off the home button, buttons do not require force to get a response, head phone jack still feels tight and working. This feels like a premium device despite not being built with metal. I can see ceral killer and others who read my rant about the iPhone 5c pointing to this. But if you choose a device that meets what you need in a device you will not care if they release a phone 6 months to a year from now with slightly better specs. Only exception to that may be back in the day when RAZR owners learned about the RAZR maxx.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Rhino94

Reaction score
I love the idea of this until it gets to the camera. Yikes.

I agree the camera and the internal memory scares me. I know you can put an SD card in there but still I feel like 32 GB needs to become the new norm. Android apps take up a lot of memory.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Hmmm wonder why they chose the Active to do so and not just the original s4.

That being said I doubt in any real world use that there would be much of a difference in performance between a 600 s4 and an 800 s4. At least I predict for the way I use my phone there wouldn't be a noticeable difference.