New user

Yankees0608

Reaction score
Just upgrading to a smart phone - most people told me to forget the Blackberry & iPhone and go right to the Droid - so far I love it but find it somewhat overwhelming - hoping this site helps

Thanks

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just upgrading to a smart phone - most people told me to forget the Blackberry & iPhone and go right to the Droid - so far I love it but find it somewhat overwhelming - hoping this site helps

Thanks

:welcome: to the Droid Forums. We are here to help if you have any questions just ask.

There is a huge learning curve to this phone and iPhone and Blackberry are probably easier to learn, but Droid is much more customizable. Since it's your first smart phone keep in mind that while it is very smart it is a phone. Don't expect it to be as fast as a computer. Although when you overclock this puppy it's close.;)

I'll try to not to hold back the fact that you're a Yankees fan against you. :D

ChugIt

Reaction score
You came to the right place, welcome! If you read these threads enough you will be on your way to knowing much more than you thought you would in no time.

My dream series would be the Yankees/Cubs (With the Cubs winning, sorry).
I do love the Yankees too, hookbill is a hater! :laugh:

OP
Y

Yankees0608

Reaction score
Contacts from old phone

Yanks/Cub series would be great - despite who wins...Someone else just might be a Red Sox Fan...

Anyhow, when I bought my Droid, the Verizon people said they couldn't transfer contacts & photos from my old phone (although they always did in the past).

Any ideas?? I don't have micro-USB.

Thanks for any and all suggestions:greendroid: