New User

rolgarza

Reaction score
My wife and I decided to get a smart phone and decided against the IPhone. We like and use Google all the time and we thought this would be a good fit. We are in our mid-50's and we wanted to take this new technology for a test drive (ok it is a 2 year commitment). My colleagues and friends our age mostly don't get it. We have had it for 3 weeks. So far so good. Also, we are new to using forums.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Excellent rolgarza...glad you and your wife decided to register here.

The data base here is extremely large so it will get overwhelming at times with all the info but you'll settle into it all.

Do visit our FAQ page first to get yourself better acquainted with things and you will notice that the forums are broken up into areas/sections to keep all the different info organized.

Use the search function to look for anything you may have a question about and if you cannot find it the members here are EXCELLENT at providing information and helping people out.

So welcome aboard to you and your wife and please make yourself at home here.

Enjoy rolgarza

RickT

Reaction score
50 myself. Sure takes patience but they are really cool. I have found some PDA's are great for phone use and suck for other apps. The Droid seems to do both well. I have been a forum user for about 10 minutes now. Geting help all over the place. Good luck

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Welcome to the Forum.....

Not all of us Bite :)

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! (you too RickT!)

if you have any questions at all, please feel free to ask.. like backnblack said, we don't bite. ;)

most questions you will have can be answered by using the search function at the top of every page, but if you don't find your answer, just start a new thread (under thread tools near the top) and ask! also, you are more than welcome to send a private message (commonly referred to as a "PM" on forums) by clicking on anyone's name and selecting "send a private message to.." from the menu that drops down.

enjoy!

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum.....

Not all of us Bite :)

Welcome to the neighborhood, rolgarza - both of you! As both Backnblack and Sam said not everyone bites (a few only sound like they do, but it's not true). Everyone is more than willing to help if you really can't find the answer to something - and believe me something new comes up every day! Hope you enjoy it here!

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
50 myself. Sure takes patience but they are really cool. I have found some PDA's are great for phone use and suck for other apps. The Droid seems to do both well. I have been a forum user for about 10 minutes now. Geting help all over the place. Good luck

Hi, RickT, welcome to the forum! Glad you're hear and it sounds like you already know your way around. Good luck to you and have fun with that Droid!

:icon_ lala: