New User to RDZ

Discussion in 'Raidzero' started by urisbigb, Apr 30, 2011.

1. urisbigb

urisbigb New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey, I just switched to RZrecovery and RZR v0.5 and I have a few questions.

I was previously using a GB ROM and i liked it, but I was having some issues with receiving text messages and it really got annoying. So I was told that it was because of some GB issues, and it made sense since I never had issues when I was using FROYO.... So i just switched back, and I do like it, I lose some features but it feels much more stable. But I've run into some issues that I hope someone can help me understand...

Namely I can't find some apps in the market that I could on GB... are there different apps for each OS? Like between FROYO and GB? Like I can't get MLB at Bat which is a dealbreaker for me, if I can't get that, I'm going to have to go back. Also, some of the apps that I have on FROYO look differently than they did on GB... is that right? or am I missing something...

Also, coming from GB, I had CynogenMOD's settings and ability to OC the CPU right from the settings, can I no longer do that on FROYO? Or do I need SetCPU now?

If anyone has some insight I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

2. guidot

guidot Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +274
    Which ROM are you using?

Using setCPU will oc kernels.

I'm curious about that app. Maybe it was in an unlocked market where you can see items available only to certain carriers?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

3. raidzero

raidzero n00b. Theme Developer Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +3
    the reason you cannot see some apps is because I am using frg83g keys in my build.prop - I wanted to be pure and not frankenstein it up with values from frg83d - which is what other ROMs do. There is not settings app since this ROM is not made from source. The ROM will overclock itself to 1100 mhz automatically even if you do not install setCPU. Of course, setcpu will still work...

4. raidzero

raidzero n00b. Theme Developer Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +3
    oh by the way... what is RDZ? :D and RZR and RZrecovery are the same thing :p