new user, please help!

Poocas

Reaction score
so i just got the droid a couple days ago, and im still tinkering with it figuring out all it can do, well i accidentally managed to turn off the speaker volume. like when i make phone calls, or recieve them, the only way to hear the other person is to put them on speaker phone, i cant simply just hold the phone up to my ear and talk. ive been through the sounds and call settings i dunno how many times and i cant figure it out, any help?

Silver Member
Reaction score
so i just got the droid a couple days ago, and im still tinkering with it figuring out all it can do, well i accidentally managed to turn off the speaker volume. like when i make phone calls, or recieve them, the only way to hear the other person is to put them on speaker phone, i cant simply just hold the phone up to my ear and talk. ive been through the sounds and call settings i dunno how many times and i cant figure it out, any help?
were you using the headphone jack for anything? there's a bug with the phone where the OS and/or app will "forget" to switch from the headset to the ear piece. two ways to solve this issue: 1. play music and insert your headphones. make sure music comes out of the headphones. take the headphones out and see if audio is restored. 2. reboot the phone (alt-shift-del).

also... most simple... check to make sure your volume is turned up. ;)

OP
P

Poocas

Reaction score
i was playing music through pandora and using headphones, ill have to try that. but yes im 100% sure the volume is up hahah in every option there is for volume ive got it all the way up just in case. hopefully this works.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Edit: try 640k's way first then try mine. :)

:welcome: to the Droid Forum. I don't know what you did but let's try a factory data reset. Just go settings/privacy/factory data reset. You won't lose any of your apps this way and it should reset the phone to the way it should be.

Give that a try and if that doesn't work we can try something else.:)

Silver Member
Reaction score
i was playing music through pandora and using headphones, ill have to try that. but yes im 100% sure the volume is up hahah in every option there is for volume ive got it all the way up just in case. hopefully this works.
happens to me all the time when i play pandora. ii think it has alot to do with the fact that pandora pauses when headphones are removed (so as not to blast through the speaker). when you remove your headphones, press play again to make sure that audio still works. keep doing it until it works. you usually only have to do it once more.

if that doesn't work, just reboot. it will fix itself.

OP
P

Poocas

Reaction score
ahh alright. now i know. thanks for your help guys, now i can make calls without having to use speaker phone.