New user - need help

inc487

Reaction score
so last night I decided to finally go ahead and root my new Droid incredible

.....stayed up till about 3am tryna figure it out but no luck I've rooted my t-mobile mytouch and my friends Droid before but having a very hard time rooting my incredible I followed the how to root guide on this forum downloaded unrevoked but everytime It would reboot and go into hboot it would give me a error

saying main version is older! Update failed - I saw other people were having similar problems and all they had to do was keep trying but I tried about 6 times even pulled the battery but no luck.. my only guess Is am I supposed to install unrevoked forever? Hope you guys can help thanks!

Sent from my inc

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
you can try and see if Z4root will do the trick. It's a one-click root app. I would google it to find out.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
just googled it and it looks like it wont work. But I did see a lot of responses regarding the unrevoked.

OP
I

inc487

Reaction score
Yeah same here.. btw I'm using a mac do you think that's why its not working?

Sent from my inc

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
oooh.....I have no idea. Let some of these more experienced guys here assist you with that one. I will stay tuned just in case I CAN help somewhere.

tweebee

Incredible RS
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah same here.. btw I'm using a mac do you think that's why its not working?

Sent from my inc

What version of Mac OS are you running?

Last edited:
OP
I

inc487

Reaction score
I'm using OS x Snow leopard

sent from my inc

tweebee

Incredible RS
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Do you have a Windows PC that you can use to root with Unrevoked?

Also, there is no need to run Unrevoked forever. The new Unrevoked has forever already in it.

OP
I

inc487

Reaction score
Yeah I can go over to my friends place and use his pc.. so you think that should do it?

sent from my inc

OP
I

inc487

Reaction score
Oh ok well thanks guys ill give it a try and keep you guys posted hopefully it works!

sent from my inc

OP
I

inc487

Reaction score
alrite.. so i just tried it on a pc and still no luck still getting error message saying main version is older! update fail! i followed the steps correctly but still no luck..

also on top of hboot screen it reads - incrediblec xd ship S-ON should that be S-OFF?

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It won't change to S-off until the unrevoked rooting process is complete. One thing you can try is switching the charge only setting to usb disk drive (or vice versa- I can't remember off the top of my head what I wrote in the tutorial :blush:)

OP
I

inc487

Reaction score
No luck.. I have tried everything on mac and pc but keep getting that stupid error

sent from my inc