New user looking for "Must Have" apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwillz

Reaction score
So, gladly to say I'm getting my droid tomorrow and am very excited! I'm wondering what some of the Must Have apps are? I really want something to pretty it up. I saw a picture of the HTC droids background/theme so something similar to that would be cool. Any sweet tools would be great as well! Thanks!:greendroid:

uscjoel

Reaction score
Lookout-anti virus
Weatherbug
usa today
pandora
shazaam
backgrounds
tv.com
keyring
locale
snaptell
shop savvy

samredman

Reaction score
These are my favorites -

Listen (from google... lots of podcasts)
Handcent (lets you do multiple texts and delete individual text threads)
Phonemypc - if you need to have access to your home of office pc.
AndFTp - also good if you need access to your home and office pc files.
nightringer - good to stop calls coming in at the wrong time
Qik - lets you broadcast live (I'm not kidding) video on the internet with a simple url (qik.com/yourname). Also has a feature to auto upload to your youtube account on the fly while you are videoing if you prefer that.
Ambling Bookplayer Pro (Lite is free) - I also have Audible and SoundText media suite on my laptop so I can get audio books converted to mp3's.
Applause - humor, great in meetings and parties (after a few drinks), various applause choices.
Laughbox - similar to applause, but various laughs.
Bible Gateway - for those who like to find certain bible verses
LEDFlashlight - uses your camera led for a real flashlight effect.
NotCalllog - makes phone go to home screen after a call and not your call log.
Movies - from flixster, trailers and summaries of all the movies.
Notepad - lets you keep notes under various names. I use it also for frequently copied and pasted text for inserting other places.
OpenTable - lets you find restaurants still taking reservations at any hour at certain distances from your present location (some restaurants will show for example only a 9 or 11 pm seating, when you can call and find earlier seatings still open).
Shazam - lets you id songs which are playing on radio and other places (must be actual original recordings).
Sportstap - scores, schedules
WheresmyDroid - rings your droid for five minutes at max volume when you text your number (somebody else always has a phone) with a code text you designate.
Wifionoff - solves problems about finding getting wifi working.. fast and reliable.
Visualvoicemail - no longer have to dial to get voicemail.. they show on a menu and you play them like you would a song.
Shopsavvy - finds online bargains from barcode scans (uses the camera) when you are in stores. Soon to have local comparisons.
Barcodescanner - scans barcodes and lets you google items.
Silentmodejammer - stops phone going into silent mode inadvertently.
Cardiotrainer - helps you exercise.
Dockrunner - lets you show the docking interface without having to dock.
MissedCall - lets you control the notifications for missed calls and text messages.
Amazon - shop for everything, books and merchandise. It's great.
Amazon mp3 - has all the music with instant one touch purchase and download
NFLsuperfan - you have to have directtv account... watch any nfl games live on Sunday.
Spanish - collins spanish translator, words, phrases, important if you live in Texas or California (and a whole lot of the rest of the country).
Ringdroid - nice if you like to create new ringtones from song snippits.
Bubbles - nice for entertaining toddlers and stoned out aging hippies.
Where - great for finding schedules of nearby movie theatres, plus traffic congestion and other nearby places you need (restaurants, groceries, drugstores, hardware, etc. Gets these from the google places app which sometimes has locations torn down five years ago).
Places - this is a google app, which you can get all the benefits of in "Where" (see above). Problem with this app is that it is so far out of date it is comical. Locations which have been gone for years (one place demolished 5 years ago) are shown with reviews.
TV.com - amazing how many shows are on here from cbs, showtime, cnet. Great for when you are stuck waiting somewhere and want to waste some time (like when going shopping with some gal trying on dresses). Use your earbuds... others don't want to hear it.

--- Those are what I like.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.