new user here....feeling a little home sick and have a few questions

taloola13

Reaction score
Hello there
I am still fairly new to the Droid X. I use to swear by my BB but switched becuase of the endless apps droid offers. I'm hoping someone can help me with a few questions...here I go...​

1. How do you use spell check to check each email before it is sent?
  2. I lock my Droid and wonder how can I put a message on the home screen? With my BB I was able to put my name on the screen and a phone number so it was lost and a nice person found it they could call. Believe it or not...it worked twice! :)
  3. I synch my droid to my outlook calendar at work. BUT I can not figrue out how to edit events that were entered from my desk top. Edit events is not an option. Anyone know why?​
  4. my contacts are sorted by firs name....yuck...anyway to sort them by last name?​
I thik this covers my immediate questions. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated! Thank you...M​

bomber889

Reaction score
1. well as you are typing, it should spell check each word for you.
2. I don't think you can do this without root, and even with root i'm not too sure.
3. not sure
4. not sure. you probably could download a contacts app from the market and it may have sort by last name..

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello there
I am still fairly new to the Droid X. I use to swear by my BB but switched becuase of the endless apps droid offers. I'm hoping someone can help me with a few questions...here I go...​

1. How do you use spell check to check each email before it is sent?

The keyboard app should check as you type. Check your settings.

2. I lock my Droid and wonder how can I put a message on the home screen? With my BB I was able to put my name on the screen and a phone number so it was lost and a nice person found it they could call. Believe it or not...it worked twice! :)
    I'm not sure.
  3. I synch my droid to my outlook calendar at work. BUT I can not figrue out how to edit events that were entered from my desk top. Edit events is not an option. Anyone know why?​

I believe that is option is missing. You can try different calendars.
  4. my contacts are sorted by firs name....yuck...anyway to sort them by last name?​

Open contacts, tap menu, tap display and select last.
I thik this covers my immediate questions. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated! Thank you...M​

Welcome! See comments above.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Welcome to the forums. I'm not familiar with the droid x, but theres a lot of smart people here that are. Or Search around

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
1) As other's have said, spell as you go seems to be the only choice for the moment.

2) The unlock screen displays your wallpaper in the back ground. It should be possible to make a wallpaper with your info on it, though you're probably going to fiddle with it a lot before getting it to look right. Not a great solution, I admit, because you are now stuck with the same background for all your screens.

3) I don't know. There might be something in the Market that will do events as a stand alone app.

4) Unfortunately the Droid X's stock contact app does not allow sorting by last name. Some other Droid models do, which is why mwharman's instructions aren't helping you even though they should. Hopefully this will be fixed in a future update.