New user - 2 problems

LMac8806

Reaction score
Hey everyone, first time poster and owner of a brand new Droid. I have two quick questions:

1. I installed a Widget (the 3x1 icons thing) but decided I didn't need it. I deleted it, and now there's a space where it used to be on my homepage that says "Problem Loading Widget." I'm assuming that's because I didn't "unset" the Widget before I uninstalled. What can I do to fix this?

2. I have a new voicemail. How can I get the voicemail to go away in my notification bar?

Thanks, I'm sure I'll have many more questions in the future!

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
1. Press and hold where the widget was until it "thumps" then drag it to the app drawer, it becomes a trash can, and you're done.

2. Pull down your notification bar and press clear, done.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
welcome to the machine! jstafford is right on both accounts

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, LMac8806! Nice to have you here!

hondaguy520

Reaction score
Hey everyone, first time poster and owner of a brand new Droid. I have two quick questions:

1. I installed a Widget (the 3x1 icons thing) but decided I didn't need it. I deleted it, and now there's a space where it used to be on my homepage that says "Problem Loading Widget." I'm assuming that's because I didn't "unset" the Widget before I uninstalled. What can I do to fix this?

2. I have a new voicemail. How can I get the voicemail to go away in my notification bar?

Thanks, I'm sure I'll have many more questions in the future!

agreed with second person, and if you have any questions this place is amazing!!! i have learned so much here about everything and still learning everyday. welcome to the droid lifestyle

OP
L

LMac8806

Reaction score
Got rid of the Widget, thanks!

I had already tried the clear button, and it erased another notification I had (email), but the Voicemail is still showing up, and there's no clear button visible. Turned the phone off and back on, but no luck. I also tried actually tapping the notification, and it just dialed my voicemail (fine, I needed to listen anyway), but even after that it didn't go away.

hondaguy520

Reaction score
did you erase or save the voicemail? usually you have to do something otherwise it stays in your "new" folder kinda like an email

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
is it the little black and red "x" thing? if so, that is your missed call notification, just open your phone app. if it is the little scroll looking thing, refer to post #7 ;)

OP
L

LMac8806

Reaction score
Had to delete the voicemail. Got it taken care of. Thanks folks.