New upgrades soon

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Moderator and Master Droids, based on th importance of this thread, I respecfully request it be made a permanent thread. I don't know the protocol here, however, there will be much more anticipated from this thread beneficial to alll Android, Droid and RAZR users. Respectfully submitted, a future Master Droid, ltcalex

I will call you Grasshopper.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Got my RAZOR yesterday. Got an update this morning. The only thing I notice different was while in docking station it gave a choice night time and office. This may have already been there and I didn't notice. Don't know enough about the razor to know this a new update.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

What version of android does your phone show now? Hit your "menu" button (the icon on the bottom left with 3 lines), choose "settings", "about phone" and it should be listed towards the middle.

iguanad

Reaction score
This is probably the update sent out in December.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

H3Dude

Reaction score
So did it maintain root when you use voodoo root with the upgrade?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using DroidForums

Mine did with manual upgrade to .73

bullswife98

Reaction score
My (?) is this... do you need to be on 173 build to get the official ota 174 upgrade cuz if thats the case I'm not on that,I'm at 748 like the poster above^^... should I flash the 173 first or what?. I'm kinda confused. O_0

Sent from my Rooted Razr's keyboard to your eyes! :)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
My (?) is this... do you need to be on 173 build to get the official ota 174 upgrade cuz if thats the case I'm not on that,I'm at 748 like the poster above^^... should I flash the 173 first or what?. I'm kinda confused. O_0

If you want the OTA update you shouldn't flash the .173. For you to get OTA updates you must be stock with stock updates or at least the most recent OTA update version.

Last edited:

bullswife98

Reaction score
Ok, so staying stock/rooted all unfroze nothing changed and still on 748 build(as of Verizon's latest) just sit and wait. Alright,has anyone got this and is it worth it?

OP
ltcalex

ltcalex

Reaction score
The first major update is proving to be valuable.

OP
ltcalex

ltcalex

Reaction score
This upgrade provides better speed and fluidity between apps. Inow waiting for that next Major upgrade coming either next month or a little later. It should do wonders.

OP
ltcalex

ltcalex

Reaction score
ICS (Ice Cream Sandwick coming or...

The lastest news on the earliest we'll see an Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade to the RAZR! Looks like July. I'll keep you posted.

Ice Cream Sandwich Update for Motorola Droid Razr Confirmed for July - International Business Times

Built within this posting are the following quotes on the expectation of when the ICS "may be coming".

In fact, no Motorola products will get Android 4.0 until April at the earliest, and even then, the only device getting it is the Xoom Family Edition tablet. Other devices confirmed to get the upgrade starting in July are the Photon 4G on Sprint, Atrix 2 on AT&T and Droid Xyboard 10.1 and 8.9 tablets from Verizon. All other smartphones and tablets, including the brand new Droid 4 and still new Droid Razr, are categorized by Motorola as being in the evaluation and planning stage. That means Motorola hasn't even made up their minds about whether those devices will get the update, despite the fact Motorola has been approved for purchase by Google itself.
The news will come as a surprise to many because the Droid Razr is the flagship device from Motorola.

It appears they keep us anticipating this new arrival and pushing out the update. Anyone know why?

OP
ltcalex

ltcalex

Reaction score
Everything ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich)

This posting will be a bit long, please have patience. I have been anticipating the ICS since its first being mentioned as an updated OS. It appears the below info on its coming in May will be delayed even further, however, what it should bring to us follows.

Ice Cream Sandwich
Probably the biggest attraction of the day, Ice Cream Sandwich was also announced at the event. I’m mentioning the highlights here -
  1. Google Beam – Basically, NFC technology, ala Nokia Just Tap. Pair two NFC devices just by touching them and send across files wirelessly.
  2. Works on both tablets and phones. That was the basic premise for Ice Cream Sandwich
  3. Roboto Font – Made specially for HD displays, the Roboto font enhances readability, obviously.
  4. Resizable widgets, better Notifications and KeyboardNew People app. Ala People Hub on Windows Phone, just not as good, though New Data Usage app, so you know how much data you’ve used and have control over it
  5. New Homescreen. Open Camera and Phone right from the shortcuts here. Roboto font definitely looks sweet here
  6. Zero shutter lag in Camera, and response time of just 0.01 ms (the touchscreen/UI)
  7. Native Screenshots capability
  8. Face Unlock = More security
  9. New Browser – Incognito Mode, offline page viewing etc
  10. New Gmail and Calendar apps
This info was copied from the following web site: All About Ice Cream Sandwich And Samsung Galaxy Nexus | Androsym

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
All this sounds great, but ICS bringing NFC won't mean much for us Razr users...we don't have the hardware to make NFC a reality. The rest is OK...but nothing to get me all excited. It's always nice to get an up to date OS with new capability, UI and functions. I hope when we do get ICS that we don't get a bunch of bugs with it. At the rate Motorola releases updates, at least 30 days apart in an emergency, it takes forever to get a newly released OS operating in a manner that the user doesn't have to download third party apps to achieve the most routine functions or have to create numerous workarounds to have a functioning phone.