New update?

Discussion in 'Motorola DROID Turbo 2' started by darkSSide, Apr 26, 2016.

1. darkSSide

darkSSide New Member

Ratings:
    +24
    My Turbo 2 just updated again
    [​IMG]
    What's in this update?

2. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +7,364
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Droid Z Force
    From what I saw on the Verizon site, it was the same release notes as the original Marshmallow update. Since its just a new system version, probably just bug fixes over the previous system version. The OS is still 6.0, no 6.0.1 for us...yet.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  3. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +7,364
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Droid Z Force
    Just posting this here for anyone's FYI that might experience the same thing I did with the 24.14.12 T2 update. After installing it on my phone, it would not recognize the OEM turbo charger. The battery symbol displayed the bolt inside, but I never received the Turbo Power Connected floating notification and the command center would not display Turbo Power. And of course the phone was not charging. I shut it down and cleared the cache, which then reboots the phone. After it re-started I waited a few minutes and then did a forced reboot (hold the power button for 7 seconds until the phone shuts down) and after that it now recognizes the OEM charger and displays the Turbo Power notifications like it should; and it charges normally again. I know some folks have had to replace their phones because of charging issues, but these steps worked for me, maybe it will help someone else.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Jaexyr

Jaexyr New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2
    I got Marshmallow, maybe 2 months ago. Yesterday, I got this smaller update, which looked like a new build.
    Didn't see any changelog or anything. However..... Today, I noticed my battery was in the red. I plugged in the Turbocharger (Tenergy QuickChargo 2.0), and it wouldn't turbocharge, but for seconds at a time. With the phone off, it would go through a loop of vibrating, charging and turbocharging.... It reached 15%, and Turbocharged just fine.... very odd

• Like Like x 1
  5. darkSSide

darkSSide New Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Mine still Turbo charges with no problems with all the updates

• Like Like x 2
  6. PereDroid

PereDroid DF News Team Reporter

Ratings:
    +3,831
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Turbo 2
    Ditto. My phone is running freaking amazingly right now. Easily the best phone I've ever had. THere seriously must have been something off about my old Turbo2.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +7,364
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Droid Z Force
    Mine is running pretty good also, no major complaints. My wife's phone will not Turbo Charge, like others have reported and I am convinced it's software not hardware. So we use a Qi charger and when Moto has replacements in stock I may order a warranty replacement. Other than that her phone runs smooth.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +7,364
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Droid Z Force
    Were you able to get your phone charging correctly again?

9. deadernie

deadernie Member

Ratings:
    +4
    My wife's 64GB T2 maker edition received the first half of the update OTA last week. Now, since Thursday night it won't charge. It was plugged into the factory charger all night Thursday night and woke up to 6% battery. Did get it up to 27% but it took several hours.

Finished the update on WiFi hoping it would fix the problem. No such luck.

I've cleared the cache partition and restarted and force rebooted as described above but still no luck. Still very slow charging and no turbo charging either.

Just put it on the wireless charger in hopes I have better luck.

10. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +7,364
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Droid Z Force
    From what I have read on the Moto forum, they are replacing the phones under warranty, if it's a Moto Maker phone, since they claim this is a hardware problem. I have also read that Verizon will not replace it because it's bad software and they are telling people to wait for a patch.

In the meantime, you could try this:

Hold the power button for 7+ seconds to force reboot.

Let the phone fully reboot.

Swipe away all notifications.

With the screen off, plug the Turbo charger into the phone first.

Plug the charger into the wall. Wait a few seconds to see if the Turbo Power Connected popup appears.

If not, unplug from the outlet only, plug back into the outlet, wait a few seconds. Repeat if necessary.

If I do that, my wife's phone will sometimes Turbo charge. Otherwise we use a wireless charger.

Good luck with whatever option you pursue. I am still not convinced that this is "bad hardware" that coincidentally failed with a new OS update.

• Like Like x 1
  11. deadernie

deadernie Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Well while I was asleep my wife took the phone off the charger and used it for some period of time and plugged it into the stock charger. It shows it's connected but when going into the battery status it says "not charging". This is new. It's up to 43% and I put it back on the wireless charger and it says "charging wirelessly".

I'll have to try your suggestion and see if I have any luck. I was just hoping if I could get it to 100% it might help since I've read that in other forums. A also read that it seems this problem is happening mostly with the maker editions.

Just tried your suggestion and I didn't get turbo charging but the battery status says "charging via AC" when yesterday it said "charging via USB" when plugged into the stock charger. I'm going to leave it for a while to see if it's charging any quicker.

In the meantime, do I contact Verizon or Motorola about this issue. I've read stories of Verizon trying to replace maker editions with regular refurbs.

Haven't even had these phones three months. I really don't think I should be getting a refurbished replacement.

Just went to check on it again after about 45 min and the status says "not charging".

#11 deadernie, May 7, 2016
    Last edited: May 7, 2016
  12. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +7,364
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Droid Z Force
    Contact whomever you purchased it through.... Motorola if it's a Moto Maker, or Verizon if it was purchased through them. Be polite, but persistent if need be. ask to escalate to the necessary supervisor. Good luck