New update?

topjimmy

Reaction score
Well.....a little more follow up on this. The WiFi/BT thing is still resolved, so that's cool. However, new issues:
1) Text messaging deja vu. Sometimes I receive a text message, then receive it again the next day as new, but when I click on it it stays bold like i have a new message.
2) Group messaging w/ iOS folks - now i get alerted to a new message on a group thread, but if I read it right away, it just says "Downloading" - it seems the first issue above is also triggered by this, if that person is on the thread. Only happens with iPhones.
3) 3way calling - I used to be able to flawlessly add a 3rd caller when on the phone. Now I can just dial the number, but can't change my mind to go back to the first call (hangs up completely), or merge the calls after a successful connection.

Anyone else have this going on? Solutions?
Obviously I've been rebooting can cache clearing regularly, not sure what else to do, besides remember that my contract is up next month :)

I haven't seen the first issue you are having and haven't tested the 3rd. However I am having the same problem you mention in #2. Message alert comes in. I go to my messages and it shows 1 message from that person. All I see is downloading. Wait a few minutes I get an alert for a text message. It is that same message and it is moved to the group message and I can see it. Only happens with the people I know that have an iPhone. When getting group messages from people with Droids it comes right in.

topjimmy

Reaction score
I also noticed the battery life was significantly reduced. I ran a re calibration on it and that seemed to fix the issue.

pksopp

Reaction score
remember that your contract is up-this

you might be right - camera flash / flashlight widget just stopped working this morning. rebooted, cleared app data/cache, cleared device cache, deleted the widget, enabled/disabled camera......no flash :(

pksopp

Reaction score
you might be right - camera flash / flashlight widget just stopped working this morning. rebooted, cleared app data/cache, cleared device cache, deleted the widget, enabled/disabled camera......no flash :(

Welp, flash came back last night, just as randomly as it disappeared. Still, stuff like that irritates me.

Anyone want to recommend a phone as a successor? Droid Maxx is an obvious choice, I guess. Open to suggestions.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Welp, flash came back last night, just as randomly as it disappeared. Still, stuff like that irritates me.

Anyone want to recommend a phone as a successor? Droid Maxx is an obvious choice, I guess. Open to suggestions.
As a fan of the Droid Maxx myself...you can't go wrong there. Great phone! There are a lot of rumors about the 2014 Droid circulating also (Droid Turbo?), so that might be worth waiting for too. No one knows if & when a new 2014 Droid will be available though & the Droid Maxx is available now. Tough decision.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Hodor

Reaction score
I am in the same boat as pksopp, and as nice as the droid maxx is, no sd card kills it for me. It doesn't seem like this is a feature Motorola is interested in providing anymore. Got to play with co-worker's S5 the other day, and was pretty impressed by it, I really liked that I could take the battery out and keep my sd card. But I will probably wait a month or so and hope Motorola surprises us, but I doubt it will

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I am in the same boat as pksopp, and as nice as the droid maxx is, no sd card kills it for me. It doesn't seem like this is a feature Motorola is interested in providing anymore. Got to play with co-worker's S5 the other day, and was pretty impressed by it, I really liked that I could take the battery out and keep my sd card. But I will probably wait a month or so and hope Motorola surprises us, but I doubt it will
I hope I am wrong with this thought....but I doubt the 2014 Droid will have SD card support. The new Droid was probably originally thought up / designed while Moto was still under Google's ownership & influence. And Google obviously does not like phones to have SD cards. Maybe now that Moto is owned by Lenova we will see Droids with SD cards again in the 2015 model. I do hope that is wrong...but I am not expecting SD card slots in the 2014 Droid (Turbo).

pksopp

Reaction score
I hope I am wrong with this thought....but I doubt the 2014 Droid will have SD card support. The new Droid was probably originally thought up / designed while Moto was still under Google's ownership & influence. And Google obviously does not like phones to have SD cards. Maybe now that Moto is owned by Lenova we will see Droids with SD cards again in the 2015 model. I do hope that is wrong...but I am not expecting SD card slots in the 2014 Droid (Turbo).

Just got an email saying Droid Maxx is free with 2 year contract - though it is a 16gb version. Not sure why I'd need more than that, since i stream everything and backup pictures regularly....hmmm....maybe the OS takes up more space?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Just got an email saying Droid Maxx is free with 2 year contract - though it is a 16gb version. Not sure why I'd need more than that, since i stream everything and backup pictures regularly....hmmm....maybe the OS takes up more space?
Android OS takes up about 5GB. So you have about 11GB useful for you. So far for me...has not been an issue. I would like 32GB...but am doing just fine with 16.