New Update

Discussion in 'Droid 4 Tech Support' started by cwalker, Aug 21, 2012.

1. cwalker

cwalker New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Droid 4, version 4.0.4, system version 6.16.217.XT894. This morning there was an system update, which I did and it took 15-20 minutes. Now the whole look of the phone has changed (which I'm not thrilled about), and I keep getting a message that says there is a security update required on my Email account. If I do this it's going to erase all my data and do all kinds of other things I don't want it to do, but I can't make the message go away. I don't know much about these phones other than I've figured out how to use them. What is going on?????
  2. NeXtras

NeXtras Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Re-read the message, i'm guessing its an exchange account. Your giving your email server the ABILITY to erase all data.. most businesses need this feature in case you lose your phone and don't have security lock enabled.. my school needed the same allowances

OR try sending us a screen shot on here, nifty new feature of ICS :biggrin: hold your lock button and volume down button for two seconds and it will snap a screen shot
  3. cwalker

cwalker New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You're right, it is an exchange account. I took it to work this morning and our IT guy said the same, it's only the ability to do so, and he enabled it. Makes me a little nervous, but I don't have a whole lot of choice. Thanks for the info on the screen shot too! That's pretty cool!