New update

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why did the status bar on top everything turned white even the battery indicator is white use to be green. Wifi even white now...is it suppose to be like this...I hate it...

You want the popular answer or truth?
Popular. Google wants things more uniform , thus everything 1 color. They say it makes things less fragmented .
Truth. Google is getting more like Apple in their development of a walled garden approach to their os. Their stranglehold on Google bloatware has gotten tighter as well.
When my Nexus7 updated to 4.4 I was very disappointed at the direction Android is going.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
I'm an "s pen aholic" Noteate

eek88dj

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
my wifi messing up now my router right next to me I keep getting a message saying unstable that not right my router is ok it that update messed a great s4 up..
You want the popular answer or truth?
Popular. Google wants things more uniform , thus everything 1 color. They say it makes things less fragmented .
Truth. Google is getting more like Apple in their development of a walled garden approach to their os. Their stranglehold on Google bloatware has gotten tighter as well.
When my Nexus7 updated to 4.4 I was very disappointed at the direction Android is going.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
I'm an "s pen aholic" Noteate

bbtkd

Reaction score
my wifi messing up now my router right next to me I keep getting a message saying unstable that not right my router is ok it that update messed a great s4 up..

Have you done a one minute battery pull since the update?

bbtkd

Reaction score
Have you done a one minute battery pull since the update?

Another thought - if a battery pull doesn't do it, go into advanced Wifi settings and disable auto network switch.

eek88dj

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
Another thought - if a battery pull doesn't do it, go into advanced Wifi settings and disable auto network switch.
I done that still says unstable wifi I know my router is good there's nothing wrong with it ever since Samsung sent that update in March it messed mine up before that it was a awesome phone. ATT is helping me they said it shouldn't say that while I'm that close to my router it saying also it scanning to...they sent me another S4 still does it. I'm not to happy.

bbtkd

Reaction score
I done that still says unstable wifi I know my router is good there's nothing wrong with it ever since Samsung sent that update in March it messed mine up before that it was a awesome phone. ATT is helping me they said it shouldn't say that while I'm that close to my router it saying also it scanning to...they sent me another S4 still does it. I'm not to happy.

Either you are a magnet for faulty phones (since the vast majority do not have this issue), or there is something different about your settings, apps, or router. How does your phone do on other routers, like the one at the store - they should be willing to test it. The update where they added the unstable signal message was intended to more easily flag issues where people were reporting weirdness that ended up being due to signal. If it isn't apps or settings, or your magnetic personality interfering, then you probably do have a router signal/interference issue which other devices tolerate and don't report. An app called Network Signal Info may help sort it out. Or try changing channels on your router.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Try going into wifi settings and tap Forget. Now turn your phone off and reboot your router. Connect now and see if it's back to normal.

eek88dj

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
Try going into wifi settings and tap Forget. Now turn your phone off and reboot your router. Connect now and see if it's back to normal.
I will try that. Thanks.

jshaw42

Reaction score
This morning my Galaxy S4 updated KitKat to build number KOT49H.R970TYUFND1. I'm hoping this will improve the battey usage. Anyone else get this? Anyine know what the update includes?

Last edited:

bbtkd

Reaction score
This morning my Galaxy S4 updated KitKat to build number KOT49H.R970TYUFND1. I'm hoping this will improve the battey usage. Anyone else get this? Anyine know what the update includes?

Would help to know what carrier and/or country...

jshaw42

Reaction score
Would help to know what carrier and/or country...

US Cellular in the US. I am not as concerned about where updates have occured asto what updates have occured and what the updates affected.