New Update to WidgetLocker!! ICS

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
This is fantastic news. I'm going to see if a few others chime in before I re-dl and spend time setting up etc etc. Really hope others report the same...

Jaycea22

Reaction score
I don't see any dip w my battery while using widget locker. Have beautiful weather widget, time-date, and audio pro on my lock screen. Great app!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

billyk

Reaction score
I've known of WidgetLocker for quite some time. Was never interested in "customizing" my lock screen. Seemed pretty silly actually.

But, now that I have WL, and have it set to Sense 3 theme, I realize:
- How many times a day I unlock my phone, and making that task easier really adds up
- How easy it is to swipe-to-open with the Sense 3 theme - when one-handing my phone, there's no more awkward thumb actions (reaching across the screen to grab the unlock widget when holding it righty, or scrunching up my thumb to grab it when holding it lefty)
- How quickly I can get to my camera - just 1 swipe!
- How convenient it is to view Beautiful Widget info without having to unlock the phone

My hats off to the developer of this app!

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The update was released to the Amazon App Store finally.

Will update on battery.

Anathema

Reaction score
Good idea. I dropped it because of the comments about battery life and came across http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ocker-eating-anyone-elses-battery-life-2.html which talked about the update (someone got the beta version of that by contacting the developer) and said that battery life was improved. This update must be the released version of what they were talking about. One thing I noticed is the Widget Locker icon is no longer on the notifications bar.

I may actually get this again then. I can not stand things in my notification bar. In my notification bar I want, you know...notifications, not an app icon.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I had the phone on without Widget Locker for 14 hours and ended up at about 30%. With Widget Locker (non updated version) the phone would've been dead 3 hours ago. Again, this is the non updated version. I'll go a couple of days more without the app and then activate it again in order to see what the battery life is like. I hope it works as I really liked the features it had as I liked having the camera and flashlight easy to access as well as able to read an email without having to unlock.

Al Neri

Reaction score
Any updates on battery usage? I really want to change my lock screen but not if it kills the battery.

Jaycea22

Reaction score
Any updates on battery usage? I really want to change my lock screen but not if it kills the battery.

I've had mine on and no difference in battery life. Others have said the same . Make sure you update to the new version which is 2.2.1 .

dannyxiii

Reaction score
Just a heads up I messaged Amazon asking if they could update the app... surprisingly it is now at its latest version.

I <3 Amazon. :p

Al Neri

Reaction score
I have read on the comments page for the app in the market about it not replacing the stock lock screen and people having to unlock 2 locks with this? Is there a way around this? With only a 15 minute window for a refund I want to make sure it is cool. It's only three bucks but any time I pay for an app I want it to be awesome (likee camera zoom fx-totally worth the $6).

Sounds like battery is not an issue any more, as long as there is a way to disable the stock lock I am in!

coogi97

Reaction score
Yeah just remove it

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
I don't see any dip w my battery while using widget locker. Have beautiful weather widget, time-date, and audio pro on my lock screen. Great app!

where can I learn how to tweak widget locker, I've wanted but unfortunately have spent no time with it.

Heywood

Reaction score
I have read on the comments page for the app in the market about it not replacing the stock lock screen and people having to unlock 2 locks with this? Is there a way around this?

Replaces original lock screen fine. Need to keep in mind that people posting comments may not always know what they are doing :)

Also zero battery issues. Awesome app combined with Beautiful Widgets!

Last edited:

Jaycea22

Reaction score
where can I learn how to tweak widget locker, I've wanted but unfortunately have spent no time with it.

Long press on the lock screen and add Widgets and applications. Also press the menu button while on the lock screen and set up WL to your liking.