New Update question

faf1998

Reaction score
I'm on a rooted Dx and when i go to "system updates" I get the following:

Motorola Account Required

"System Update" is not available without a Motorola Service Account. Would you like to setup an account now?

Setup Cancel

So I hit setup, and then I get:

If you use any of the services below, tap the icon to set it up.
(followed by backup assistant, email, bookface, google blah blah blah"

I then have the option to hit 'Done Adding accounts' at the bottom of the screen. I hit "Done" and it take me right back to the "about phone" screen.

no update.

WTF? Does this happen to anyone else? I did rename a few bloatware programs, nothing serious (City ID, Blockbuster etc.).

Any help would be appreciated...

amavit

Reaction score
I have never had that happen before. I do know that to get the update you will have to have all the original bloatware apps that came with the phone which I'm assuming includes the ones you deleted.

technique

Reaction score
I have the EXACT same issue. "Motorola account required". I am rooted but I even flashed the full 2.2 SBF and still am getting the same issue.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have never had that happen before. I do know that to get the update you will have to have all the original bloatware apps that came with the phone which I'm assuming includes the ones you deleted.

This is correct.

technique

Reaction score
I fixed the problem by doing a factory wipe of all data. Flashing the 400+ meg sbf did not fix it, nor did having all the original bloatware.

Dustin.

Reaction score
Debating on whether to flash back to my stock backup and getting the update, or using the SBF to do it.

Opinions?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
faf1998

faf1998

Reaction score
So do we have a conclusion that you have to be unrooted and with full bloatware in order to get the update via your "about phone"?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

badguy13

Reaction score
I started having this problem in feb. I have not done anything to my phone or apps and still have the exact same issue. Has there been any further developments you guys have heard of lately? thanks