New update lag

southernxtoutlawz

Reaction score
New to forum and love my note 3 until this update. I switched from iPhone to Droid in April. Phone was fast and no problems. It asked to update so I did and now it's so laggy. Some apps won't run right. And I'm waiting to open Internet sometimes. Anyone having this problem?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Its always a good idea to do a reset after an OS update. You will need to backup your data first. Thers are free apps on the play store that you can download.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Yes, but be sure to backup your data if you wish to retain it.

mslaceyrose

Reaction score
In case you don't know how to do a factory reset. First, as Jeffrey said, back up any personal, user-created data (documents, photos, music, videos) to an external SD, your computer, or cloud storage (DropBox,Google Drive,Copy, Box, et cet) or a backup app.

To perform the reset: Settings>General>Backup and Reset>Factory Data Reset >Reset Device>Delete All. Your device will now be in out of the box state, and you'll just go through the setup again, then restore any personal files from your backup, and reinstall your apps from Google Play, Amazon, or your backup app. :)

OP
southernxtoutlawz

southernxtoutlawz

Reaction score
Yeah I know how to. The think is my contacts are selected to be synced but when I go into my cloud app my contacts are empty

OP
southernxtoutlawz

southernxtoutlawz

Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1400979529481.jpguploadfromtaptalk1400979546845.jpg

mslaceyrose

Reaction score
What cloud app are you trying to sync them to? I think if you go to your Google account in settings> accounts you can choose to sync your contacts to Google. Also might be able to do it from your contacts app. At least on my S3 I can. From within the Contacts app, if I tap the menu button, there are import/export options and also 'Merge with Google' option. If your contacts are in Google, they're safe and you can sync them back later.

OP
southernxtoutlawz

southernxtoutlawz

Reaction score
Just standard Verizon cloud. I had them before this update

mslaceyrose

Reaction score
Just standard Verizon cloud. I had them before this update

Oh, I don't know what happened there, then. Just to be on the safe side, I'd keep contacts merged with and backed up to Google, even if additionally backing to another service. Not that any backup is 100% foolproof, which is why it's good to have any data backed up to more than one place, but Google's pretty reliable.