New update include battery fix?

cyberkid087

Reaction score
Anyone know if the new update supposedly coming out next week includes a software update for the battery issue?

kmo

Reaction score
I doubt it, unless HTC recognizes publicly that the battery needs to be fixed. I have good days and not so good days, but I can get through a whole day in any case. Just that some days of "heavy" use it can go pretty quickly. I've learned how to manage the battery efficiently and also bought 2 extras so I have spares. No worries...

OP
C

cyberkid087

Reaction score
I doubt it, unless HTC recognizes publicly that the battery needs to be fixed. I have good days and not so good days, but I can get through a whole day in any case. Just that some days of "heavy" use it can go pretty quickly. I've learned how to manage the battery efficiently and also bought 2 extras so I have spares. No worries...

I saw that in another forum or thread that HTC did recognize that the charging was faulty (i meant charging. sorry if you thought i meant the hardware). It said something like their tech guys are trying to figure the problem why it doesn't charge to 100% the first time you plug it in and run off a/c power.

kmo

Reaction score
That's what I have, 2 extra 1500mAh batteries and a wall charger (Ebay) I never run out of power haha... this is one way around the battery life. :)

lizm

Reaction score
That's what I have, 2 extra 1500mAh batteries and a wall charger (Ebay) I never run out of power haha... this is one way around the battery life. :)

Ditto. Though I only really need the extra(s) if I am camping or something. I charge on my computer, bedside and car if i am in those places.

My battery will last along time if i shut off GPS, don't let it update weather Facebook etc very frequently, and only use data when needed, not "always-on".