New update for thunderbolt on the way.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't say it's having a lot of problems, but it's having it's fair share of "new device" problems. I'm sure most will get sorted out, just like the TBs problems got mostly sorted out.

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
Just noted: looks like font changed for service indicator, 3G, etc. after newest OTA. I also noticed my speed dial does its stuff with a shorter button press/hold. It has not made it worse, so I guess that makes it a success.

Sent from my TB
using DroidForums

tbolted

Reaction score
What update?

Mine came up today and said there was an update, I hit Ok and it didn't do anything. Then when I tried Software Update it said there wasn't any. Now it says "Service Unavailable". Guess I didn't need it anyway.

surfsup

Reaction score
Don't do it that phone is having alot of problems. Wait till ces 12 and see what HTC is coming with early next year..

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

thanks for the warning... i've been reading up on the nexus' issues. they all look to be typical problems of most new phones. also ics was a brave decision as it is still not fully sorted out. so that adds another level of possible bugs. BUT - i'm pretty sure samsung is gonna bust their arse to make this phone a success.

kparks

Reaction score
thanks for the warning... i've been reading up on the nexus' issues. they all look to be typical problems of most new phones. also ics was a brave decision as it is still not fully sorted out. so that adds another level of possible bugs. BUT - i'm pretty sure samsung is gonna bust their arse to make this phone a success.

If its up to Samsung to update anything good luck hopefully google supports the phone cuz if u been following but haven't heard samsung support is garbage.. Yes all new phones will have problems ICS is cool but everything else to me is on par with every other phone that just came out except the plastic feel I don't like at all and the camera on it is sub par there is nothing about this phone that makes me go wow I have to have it.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
If its up to Samsung to update anything good luck hopefully google supports the phone cuz if u been following but haven't heard samsung support is garbage.. Yes all new phones will have problems ICS is cool but everything else to me is on par with every other phone that just came out except the plastic feel I don't like at all and the camera on it is sub par there is nothing about this phone that makes me go wow I have to have it.

Haters gonna hate. I'm gonna try and pick it up if I can convince VZW to let me upgrade early. And since its Google's flagship development phone, updates are handled by Google, not Samsung. The Nexus phones are always the first phones to get software updates.

X

kparks

Reaction score
Haters gonna hate. I'm gonna try and pick it up if I can convince VZW to let me upgrade early. And since its Google's flagship development phone, updates are handled by Google, not Samsung. The Nexus phones are always the first phones to get software updates.

X

Ain't that what I said above.... So because I don't like something Im a hater lol grow up.. I've used the phone quite a bit and I'm far from impressed after using the razr and rezound besides the laggy ics the phone is just not nothing special and they think they can skimp on stuff like the camera cuz its got the nexus branding.

Last edited:

5280TBOLT

Reaction score
Since I got the latest update the url area isn't showing up at the top of web pages now. I have to arrow back and try to tap it real fast when it pops up...any suggestions on how to fix it?

manolo

Reaction score
Which software number is the latest update for the Tbolt?
My software number right now is 2.11.605.3, but i can't get to install the update found that is the 2.11.605.5 of 13.927 MB. I tried everything but after it finds the update and i press OK to download it it gives me the message: Error Download Failed. Anyone had any similar issue and knows how to solve it?

Dolfan

Reaction score

Sent via DROID Thunderbolt...the forgotten one

swimbuckeye

Reaction score
heard on another forum that this person lost easy tether with this update. anyone else can weigh in before I download the OTA?

Easy tether is working fine for me after update - was a little worried when I read your post. I tethered to send this reply.

Rhino94

Reaction score
So mine hasn't updated...it says check for new software and then goes away? Solution?

Nyobie

Reaction score
If you're thinking of rooting, doing the SW update would make your phone incompatible with Revolutionary's root SW which doesn't wipe your data. I had to reflash the TBolt with the version of SW I upgraded from to get through the process.

Just something to think about.